D'uccle Thread

whew! Thought I'd double check. 7-8 months old

Has to be a hen at that age, I will upload a pic of speedy, my cockerel hee is 6 months. This was taken last Friday, his hatch day was Oct 15.

Edit: I picked him up to take these pictures because he was defending the boys I was catching for their last day in the flock. I was trying to make funny faces but he kept moving in the way

Last edited:
Has to be a hen at that age, I will upload a pic of speedy, my cockerel hee is 6 months. This was taken last Friday, his hatch day was Oct 15.

Edit: I picked him up to take these pictures because he was defending the boys I was catching for their last day in the flock. I was trying to make funny faces but he kept moving in the way

If you still have him, can you take a picture including his tail?

well, if it is I am surprised a BYCer would say something was a pullet when it wasn't at that age and the phrase "dead meat" comes to mind. Can't keep another rooster

I think it's most definitely a rooster as well. People on here can be just as deceitful as someone you could buy from off of Craigslist. I'm not saying everyone is, but there's a bad egg in every crowd.

I guess if she starts crowing, you'll know!!

This is Speedy 2 months ago already:

I don't have anything more recent as I am at work. I'll take one tomorrow. But yeah, he was crowing by January, and his saddle feathers were obvious pretty early on.

I guess if she starts crowing, you'll know!! This is Speedy 2 months ago already: I don't have anything more recent as I am at work. I'll take one tomorrow. But yeah, he was crowing by January, and his saddle feathers were obvious pretty early on.
thanks. Will keep an eye on it. It's cute, anyhow and very docile. If it doesn't make a racket I'll keep it around. Do they have spurs? No sign of them on this one. Tail won't help until it grows back in

Back
Top Bottom