D'uccle Thread

Thanks! When you say apple cider vinegar rinse, do you mean straight vinegar or mix with water? I always have that on hand it's got so many great uses. For some reason my roo is the only one with the problem my hens foot feathers are much shorter.
I'd love to hatch their eggs but I don't have enough space for any more (we've got other animals too) and I don't think they are show quality or anything but their temperament is wonderful.
Actually I brought them to my classroom (I teach elem.school) and they were great with the kids. We had hatched some chicks I got from a local chicken farm and I wanted them to see a full grown chicken too. My hen even laid an egg while we were there LOL. They are just great with kids.

Well, sometimes to stretch it I add about 1/4 water to it and keep it in a big bottle outside, but it's fine straight too. It also does lovely things for your hair if you use it right after you shampoo, ha-ha.
big_smile.png

They are sweet, aren't they? My Dearest Loudmouth Shirley will ride around on my hand for as long as I'll let her...
I'll have to post some pictures of her pretty daughter, according to the chicken calculator she's "gold transverse pencilled."

We got another GoldNeck last night! And more eggs peeping! *rubs hands together eagerly*

Another thing I noticed is that my rooster lays in the nest box sometimes, is he confused? LOL he always stays near the hen when she lays or gets ready to lay. Like he's there for moral support or something haha. Could it just be their age? They're both going to be 7 months old next week.

Well, sometimes to stretch it I add about 1/4 water to it and keep it in a big bottle outside, but it's fine straight too. It also does lovely things for your hair if you use it right after you shampoo, ha-ha. :D

They are sweet, aren't they? My Dearest Loudmouth Shirley will ride around on my hand for as long as I'll let her...
I'll have to post some pictures of her pretty daughter, according to the chicken calculator she's "gold transverse pencilled."

We got another GoldNeck last night! And more eggs peeping! *rubs hands together eagerly*

I'll have to try this! :) awww your Shirley sounds like a sweetie. I'd love to see pics. I have to figure out how to post mine.

What kind of chick looks like a mille fleur d'uccle but without feathered feet, beards and muff? Our humane socirty here got some in and I can't identify them! The look like they are 6 weeks old and are definitly bantams.

Gonna have to try that when showing season comes up...what a novel idea!
My d'Uccles get their feet soaked in epsom salt water before shows. It soothes the feather shafts and fights bumblefoot. The birds freak for a second, and then relax and allow their feet to soak, so it must feel good to them.

I used foot soaking to cure a bad case of bumble foot without surgery. That was nice, because I think bandaging a d'Uccle foot would be a real pain!!!

Back
Top Bottom