D'uccle Thread

My husband ordered me some of each color that Ideal had available for Memorial Day week delivery. I have some of the red brown and some that look like a small FBCM. I will take pictures after work and post on here later tonight. Sadly, I think that many I got are not actually D'Uccles ) : , but just booted bantams instead. A little disappointing since I only plan on showing D'Uccles and have sold off my other breeds. None the less, they are all cute and good personalities.

Last edited:
My husband ordered me some of each color that Ideal had available for Memorial Day week delivery. I have some of the red brown and some that look like a small FBCM. I will take pictures after work and post on here later tonight. Sadly, I think that many I got are not actually D'Uccles ) : , but just booted bantams instead. A little disappointing since I only plan on showing D'Uccles and have sold off my other breeds. None the less, they are all cute and good personalities.
if you post pics we could try and help you out there...pics from the top and straight on if possible :) i also want to see what theirs look like as well ;) and if i ordered d'uccle and got booted bantams i would be calling and asking for either a refund or replacement chicks

I think oddball is a mille fleur, just coming in a little darker than the others. I have a lot of chicks from pure mf parents that start out yellow like that. It's weird to watch them get darker than the 'regular' millie chicks.
Ok, good. I'm pretty attached to her but was going to sell her with the extra roo if she was a funky color. Guess oddball will be staying.
big_smile.png
I'd like to keep a trio out of the 5, I'll sell a pair of them because I'm in the city although we're on an acre and don't want a bunch of roosters. I doubt any are show quality, but I'd like to keep the best 3 for my daughter in case she decides she wants to join 4H. What age will I start being able to tell who has better type and know who to keep?

Hello everybody! I'm still reading through the ENTIRE d'uccle thread - only on page 63 but have already learned lots.

I just became the happy owner of 5 young d'Uccles - porcelains - and I do believe I am in love. As I plan on moving to a very cold location in a few years I'm not sure how I'll manage it, but I want to give breeding to Standard a try. I've gotten a little feedback on these guys with some not-great photos, and now I want to post better shots and see what ya'll think
frow.gif
I have eggs on order for different colored d'Uccles, but the porcelain is just soooo pretty! I'd like hard, honest opinions please - I can take it!
caf.gif

I don't know the age of these guys, just that they aren't fully grown.

One cock and 4 hens. I can't tell the girls apart but he is named King Charles
love.gif

And just because she insisted, here's my flock Matriarch:

Sorry, she made me
wink.png

parker

yeowch! I think that link might be wrong
hu.gif

I've gone to the other links you provided in another thread, and they are helpful, but as a visual person, it's difficult to use the worded descriptions. I appreciate the specific things you've said about my birds - very helpful for me!

Anyone else have opinions? I think there are not many serious d'Uccle breeders here in Washington, so I'd like to learn and fill the gap.

parker

Is there a site to tell d'uccle from other bantam bearded chickens? I have 2 hens that are bearded but are solid (not the EE multi coloring).

Back
Top Bottom