Duck Breed Focus - Mallard

My drake is pure wild as he was rescued from an abandoned nest on a lake and my hen from a breeder in Alabama who only raises flying mallards for dog training!

My mallard hen has officially gone broody! Im in Georgia and cant believe she started so early. This is her first clutch so I hope she sees it thru to hatch!

My mallard hen has officially gone broody! Im in Georgia and cant believe she started so early. This is her first clutch so I hope she sees it thru to hatch!
Good luck! You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

Here's my wild mallard colored duck. I'm mating him to a wild mallard hen and selling the babies as wild type flying mallards. They are so cute!
duckmeister thats a call duck you silly goose
gig.gif
, the thread is for the mallard breed not the mallard color

beautiful duck and excellent quality is he one of the offspring from holderreads bunch ? i'm so jelous
somad.gif

Last edited:
duckmeister thats a call duck you silly goose:gig , the thread is for the mallard breed not the mallard color

beautiful duck and excellent quality is he one of the offspring from holderreads bunch ? i'm so jelous :mad:

Buffgooseguy,

Thankyou! Yes he is from the Holderread's hen and a drake I already had. I bought a nice little unrelated gray hen for him this year, but she came as a package with a little dusky pied drake, and they are paired up, so my little call drake has paired up with the mallard hen. I'm going to have to build some seperate mating pens because they are all choosing the wrong mate!

Back
Top Bottom