Duck Videos Thread!

Sometimes I go out and lay in the back yard (on a blanket of course
sickbyc.gif
), and see who will come and hang out with me even when I have no treats. Well the other day most of my flock hung with me and I took this video. About a foot and a half in front of me Noir (left) and Dove (right) had laid down and Tevye came up and started nibbling the seeds off a weed. I love when he nibbles in the air at almost nothing (water drops are another of my favorites) so I started filming. After a few seconds, he decided he was tired and laid down too. Its a pretty boring video, but Tevye fans (I am one) might like it.
wink.png

0.jpg

The complete version of our ducklings diving:

0.jpg

Seems like they're in the tub all day long; they love water more than our other Muscovies.

Also nice videos Tevyes Dad and buff goose guy! Thanks!

Sometimes when I get the chance, I take an old comforter (poop shield) and lay down in the back yard. For the first couple minutes, several of the ducks will come over and peck me just to see if maybe I have some food stashed somewhere. When they realize I don't have any goodies for them, they go about their normal business. Last week I had 3/4 of the flock come over on their own and chill with me. I took this panoramic. Entie (left) is about a foot away from me and Kaine (far away right) is maybe 4 feet away.

It makes me feel good when they choose a spot near me to rest when they can go anywhere in the yard and they know I have no treats.

But this is the "Duck Videos Thread!", not the panoramic picture thread, so I do need to include a video
wink.png
. This will top my last video for boring, but if you can be happy with zero action and just sweetness, you might like it.

Wednesday, I flopped down on the comforter and after a little bit, Dove plopped down on the corner of the comforter next to me. Then a couple minutes later, Roxette came and plopped down in front of her... Right in front of me. If that wasn't trusting enough, she then dosed off. When this clip starts, she just noticed the phone and is trying to figure out if it poses a problem. She decides no and goes back to snoozing. She is going through a molt cycle, so the pretty blue feathers are new and the raggy brown ones still need to be molted.

0.jpg

YouTube did beat it up a bit, but the HD is still worthwhile.

Watching ducks drift off to sleep is some of the most relaxing time for me. I also take an old comforter/poop shield into the pen and spread it out for a rest. Ducks poke at my pockets (one reason I don't keep anything like coins in my pockets) for a few minutes, then they'll start cuddling up next to me. Some right up against me, some a foot away.

I haven't been filming much lately, but here's a compilation of various clips of Lilac and her three ducklings (before the adopted four came in) - an outing, two baths, going home, and finally snuggling up in the nest for a nap, with Lilac wary of the camera.

0.jpg

Lilac is precious. Those babies are sooo cute. I loved watching them dart, dive and float. Who was making the loud peeping sound? I couldn't tell. Is Lilac able to get in the bucket herself or does she have to be picked up? I always love your videos. Thank you.

You're welcome. I'm not sure who was peeping. Lilac can't get out of that one herself, but she can get in and out of most of the others. We have some juveniles that can get in anything, their legs are like springs!

I haven't been filming much lately, but here's a compilation of various clips of Lilac and her three ducklings (before the adopted four came in) - an outing, two baths, going home, and finally snuggling up in the nest for a nap, with Lilac wary of the camera.
Super Cute!!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom