Duck Videos Thread!

Several breeds, including Muscovies, Runners, and Calls, come in many colors. I love breeds with color variations. And Muscovies do wag their tails a lot. It's cute. No one knows exactly why. Mine often do it after I put them down (if I pick them up).

I'm almost out of videos. I have a couple more, but they aren't ready yet.
I forgot about Runners and Calls and their color variations. So true. It's interesting how some Calls are bred to look exactly like a Pekin or mallard color wise. I'd like to see a Call Scovy. That would be cute.

I enjoy your videos. They are entertaining and since I don't have ducks, I enjoy seeing them in action.

Last edited:
Ducklings Nursing! Has anyone seen this? It's not my duck video, but it was heartwarming. This cat adopts three ducklings, and the ducklings nurse from her. I loved it!

0.jpg

Ducklings Nursing! Has anyone seen this? It's not my duck video, but it was heartwarming. This cat adopts three ducklings, and the ducklings nurse from her. I loved it!

0.jpg
I have seen this. It is absolutely precious. And so cool how the ducklings knew to latch on. I love the scene near the end where the ducks are all grown up.

This is a how-to guide, to clipping a duck's wings, with diagrams, pictures, text, and videos.

I have a feeling, for whatever reason, that some of this information is wrong, so please tell me if you spot something wrong! I can't put my finger on it.

0.jpg

This is a how-to guide, to clipping a duck's wings, with diagrams, pictures, text, and videos.

I have a feeling, for whatever reason, that some of this information is wrong, so please tell me if you spot something wrong! I can't put my finger on it.

0.jpg
Your avatar is super adorable. I liked the video but cannot critique since I don't have ducks nor have I ever clipped a wing in my life so I do not know. Squirmy little duck was very cute, though.

Thanks! The avatar is Sweet Pea, one of our juvenile females.
I finally was able to film ducklings diving. Our latest batch has loved water more than any of the other ducks. Now I would like to get a waterproof camera case and film it from underwater. This video is general ducks bathing, including slow motion diving:

0.jpg

I have many more videos ready to upload now.

Thanks! The avatar is Sweet Pea, one of our juvenile females.
I finally was able to film ducklings diving. Our latest batch has loved water more than any of the other ducks. Now I would like to get a waterproof camera case and film it from underwater. This video is general ducks bathing, including slow motion diving:

0.jpg

I have many more videos ready to upload now.
Your'e welcome. Her little face has such a smoothness to it. Beautiful little thing.

Fun video. Made me laugh. I liked the slo mo where the one tiny duckling swam right under the big one and the big one put his head and neck into the water presumably to see what was swimming under him and almost did a complete flip. I laughed.

They are sooo fast. and when they run on top of the water. I imagine their thighs are super strong to speedboat them across the water like that. The babies remind me of penguins how they bullet around under the water.

Please post more when you can. I really enjoy.

I'm glad you enjoy them. Here are two slideshows of our flock - not exactly videos, but the rest of my videos are still in queue for YouTube. (The Queen of Quackingdom was photoshopped, of course, although she really did fly up there.)

Oh so precious. I love Snowy's blue eyes. Have never seen that before in a duck. Spoon, Fork. Love those names a lot. Your birds other than being very cute are so beautiful. They are so healthy too. That is a testament to how well you manage them. How you timed the slides was perfect. I was able to take in each bird and then it was onto the next one.

Thank you for putting it up. I enjoyed the views :)

I love the blue eyes, too. When they hatch, they are really dark blue, almost navy blue. As the ducks mature, the color gradually lightens to a really pretty pale blue. Several of the darker-colored ducks were also born with dark blue eyes, but as they matured it changed to brown. Most of my current ducks have brownish/golden/reddish eyes.

I love to look out the window and see my flock joyfully dancing in the grass or swimming in their tub. It makes me so happy. Last night it was really sweet when Sweet Pea (the girl in my avatar) sat on my lap and chewed on my finger like a little baby. She twisted and chomped on it so much that it was soon sore. I wish I could have filmed that.

Here's some shots of seven ducklings: (the four smaller ones are a week younger; the mother, Lilac, adopted them because their mother Kiwi died)

0.jpg

After this, I have a video of ducks “drilling” in mud, the complete diving video without parts chopped out, ducks drinking and drinking and drinking (or actually, filtering the water through their mouth), and one more duckling video.

Back
Top Bottom