Duck Videos Thread!

Cobra is a chubby chunk suffers from chunkitis round soft cute adorable squeezable Squeeeee orange webbed gorgeous male Duck Bewrd. Who kinda waddles about and does that thing with his wings.

Thank you Cobra is a very special boy :love He is also very talkative

I also have a video of a one legged duck who had been visiting. I still see him sometimes but he doesn't come for food anymore.

[VIDEO]

Thank you Cobra is a very special boy
love.gif
He is also very talkative

I also have a video of a one legged duck who had been visiting. I still see him sometimes but he doesn't come for food anymore.
Does he hop about stronger now? In the video it looked like he was still having a hard time. I don't know how strong a duck's leg can get over time, but it made me think he had lost the leg relatively recently (less than a year). If so, that may also be why he doesn't come for food anymore. If he is wild, he would have to be pretty hungry to come eat with the other ducks and a camera and when he was weak, he probably was, but if he got stronger, he may have gotten more independent so now he can feed himself and act wild again. If so, I am sure you helped him get there.
thumbsup.gif

Does he hop about stronger now?  In the video it looked like he was still having a hard time.  I don't know how strong a duck's leg can get over time, but it made me think he had lost the leg relatively recently (less than a year).  If so, that may also be why he doesn't come for food anymore.  If he is wild, he would have to be pretty hungry to come eat with the other ducks and a camera and when he was weak, he probably was, but if he got stronger, he may have gotten more independent so now he can feed himself and act wild again.  If so, I am sure you helped him get there.
:thumbsup

I haven't seen him hop in a while now. But I sometimes see him swim and he can also get out of the ditch on the grass. If I feed the ducks one of the drakes would attack him, so maybe he thinks it's not worth the effort. But there still should be a lot of food to find for him!

The mallards are okay being around people because they get fed bread often. My girls bring over their partners and they quickly learn that I feed them. When I called Zorro from the grassland for feeding time, her boyfriend came first ha

I hope he sticks around, in case the winter gets cold and he needs some extra food. He turns his head when I call him, ducks are clever
Thanks for the kind words, by the way ;v;

Last edited:
I filmed some drakes dancing today. Turn op the volume to hear them whistle :D

[VIDEO]

The gray one is with Zorro, the brown one is Junior's. Then there is Cobra and a drake I don't know yet (but I can't tell them apart here).

I filmed some drakes dancing today. Turn op the volume to hear them whistle
big_smile.png

The gray one is with Zorro, the brown one is Junior's. Then there is Cobra and a drake I don't know yet (but I can't tell them apart here).
That is so cool I haven't ever seen Mallards do that. Thanks for sharing. Hows your lil one legged drake doing @Kroelies

I filmed some drakes dancing today. Turn op the volume to hear them whistle
big_smile.png

That was so cool. I have never heard a duck whistle like that in my life. You learn something new everyday. Thank you for posting it. Very well done. They're all so cute boating around using their webs as their motors.

This was the second time I saw this, supposedly they do it to show off to the ladies. But they were just floating around like "uhm, okay whatever" :lol:

I have not seen the one legged duck, but there are many grasslands and ditches around where he could be. A few days he was swimming and he turned his head when I called him

This was the second time I saw this, supposedly they do it to show off to the ladies. But they were just floating around like "uhm, okay whatever"
lol.png

I have not seen the one legged duck, but there are many grasslands and ditches around where he could be. A few days he was swimming and he turned his head when I called him
Both Kaine and Tevye exhibit this behavior, I have heard the same that it is a "show off" behavior, but it seems kind of random. They do it both in the water and out, and although there is always a female around (which is most of the time anyway) it doesn't necessarily coincide with head bobbing or mating behavior.

Back
Top Bottom