Duck Videos Thread!

Full justification of our security cams
lau.gif
Yvonne went out to get eggs and let the ducks out, she found Pocahontas on the wrong side of the fence and there was a nest there with an egg in it. Silly Pokey, she wanted a quiet place for her egg. We have since moved the chair.
gig.gif
@Krazyquilts this made me think of your "naughty" Cayuga.
big_smile.png
Maybe there is something to the breed???

Full justification of our security cams :lau Yvonne went out to get eggs and let the ducks out, she found Pocahontas on the wrong side of the fence and there was a nest there with an egg in it. Silly Pokey, she wanted a quiet place for her egg. We have since moved the chair. :gig
Pokey!! You silly and intelligent BURD!

Just thought I'd give this thread a little kick start since there were no posts last year :idunno

It hit 29 degrees this afternoon... This is what 29 degrees means to a duck after several sub zero days:
:D

How is your water not frozen in the pipes? I went to Montana in the early 2000s in May and absolutely LOVED it. Couldn't go to the "over the sun road" because of snow but I think it was the most beautiful state I've ever been in. We did hike up to Avalance Lake? OMG that was incredible! Went from Yellowstone to Glacier Nat. Park and it was so awesome! I will never forget it!

How is your water not frozen in the pipes? I went to Montana in the early 2000s in May and absolutely LOVED it. Couldn't go to the "over the sun road" because of snow but I think it was the most beautiful state I've ever been in. We did hike up to Avalance Lake? OMG that was incredible! Went from Yellowstone to Glacier Nat. Park and it was so awesome! I will never forget it!
That is a freeze proof faucet. It goes straight down below the frost line. The valve is actually down there. Then when the valve is closed, it opens up a drain and there is a large sandy area down there that the water from the pipe can flow back down into and soak back into the soil. So the water is only above the frost line while it is moving. In this case, the valve is about 8' down in the ground.

BTW if I leave a hose connected to it, the whole thing will freeze and crack.... Ask me how I know that.;)

Something like this... https://www.acehardware.com/departments/plumbing/valves/rough-faucets-and-hose-bibbs/4339958

Back
Top Bottom