Duck Videos Thread!

Lovely video! How many kinds of ducks do you have?

They're all supposed to be runners, but I'm pretty sure one of the drakes is a part-time Cayuga or something. That or he's just hilariously fat...

Didn't you brood the big ones too???

Yeah, although they weren't nearly as tiny when I got them. I think they were 2 weeks old when we picked them up? The youngins were 3 days old when we got them (plus it was late fall, so we had to brood them longer to make sure they didn't get too cold outside).

They're all supposed to be runners, but I'm pretty sure one of the drakes is a part-time Cayuga or something. That or he's just hilariously fat...
Yeah, although they weren't nearly as tiny when I got them. I think they were 2 weeks old when we picked them up? The youngins were 3 days old when we got them (plus it was late fall, so we had to brood them longer to make sure they didn't get too cold outside).
Got it. 2 weeks old they're fuzzy ducks almost. This batch is the peepers. Tella and Ettie were just fully feathered when we got them, but all the rest of them were 3 days old so they're all my babies but right now the brooder kids are the only real babies
big_smile.png
(But not for much longer... flight feathers are starting to form already...
hmm.png
)

Part time Cayuga!
lau.gif

Adaline and Nyasa leaving after a nice swim!
0.jpg
OK, WOW. They are very strong girls. Who can lift off at a dead stop like that with a big burb body? Imagine their pectoral muscles. Then their shoulder ones too. I know I'd need a running start for sure. Then it's from water. Not like they have solid ground to push off of. Looks like the wings do kinda hit the water first to give the duck burb her first lift. Awesome video. Loved it. Neat to see ducks do bird stuff.

Back
Top Bottom