Duckling Diaries: the Life and Times of a Welshie Trio

Me too!

How's the toeless webby doing? I have not heard in a  while.  Any new pictures?   I have to put the toeless rooster down. That is kind of hard to do, but I have to and soon.

She's doing well. She has evidently decided I'm her special human, and stands when I reach toward her so I can pick her up easily. I haven't been taking the camera down with me, so no new pics...

Oh no! :hugs

Me too!

How's the toeless webby doing? I have not heard in a while. Any new pictures? I have to put the toeless rooster down. That is kind of hard to do, but I have to and soon.

Ugh! I'm sorry! I haven't been able to develop that particular skill. I feel bad when they're suffering, but so far I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. (Seasoned BYC'ers are probably scowling at me in disgust right now.)
hide.gif

Ugh! I'm sorry! I haven't been able to develop that particular skill. I feel bad when they're suffering, but so far I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. (Seasoned BYC'ers are probably scowling at me in disgust right now.)
hide.gif
I have a neighbour shoot them.

I look at it as I look at buying meat in the store.

I consider it first degree murder to eat meat from the store, because you paid someone to kill the animal for you.

It is only third degree or less when you do it yourself because you needed to kill it to live.

mercy killing is harder for me, but I do it, it might take me awhile, but I do it.

In the case of my rooster, I feel bad because of his injuries not being 100% healed I am afraid to take the meat, so its a complete loss. Just sad! Stupid bird should have went into the coop!

Well, I sure ain't doing it myself!!
hide.gif

Neighbors in Iceland must be A LOT different than neighbors in suburban San Diego. If they knew, they'd probably report me to somebody, for something (except for the one neighbor who keeps telling Mako how delicious she would taste.) I tell you, I'm surrounded by every variety of crazy.
barnie.gif

I look at it as I look at buying meat in the store.

I consider it first degree murder to eat meat from the store, because you paid someone to kill the animal for you.

It is only third degree or less when you do it yourself because you needed to kill it to live.

mercy killing is harder for me, but I do it, it might take me awhile, but I do it.

In the case of my rooster, I feel bad because of his injuries not being 100% healed I am afraid to take the meat, so its a complete loss. Just sad! Stupid bird should have went into the coop!

It is sad! I agree, a double whammy!
hugs.gif

​Neighbors in Iceland must be A LOT different than neighbors in suburban San Diego. If they knew, they'd probably report me to somebody, for something (except for the one neighbor who keeps telling Mako how delicious she would taste.) I tell you, I'm surrounded by every variety of crazy.
:barnie  

For real??

Here, I'm practically the only person who doesn't hunt or raise a percentage of their meat....

For real??

Here, I'm practically the only person who doesn't hunt or raise a percentage of their meat....

My favorite neighbors are polish immigrants. They're very old school, they built a smoker in their backyard & grind their own sausage (they don't raise the meat, but they would if they could.) Making your own sausage & foraging for wild mushroom is so novel in this area, the other neighbors think they're nuts. I admire them immensely!

Back
Top Bottom