Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the biggest issue with disturbing my broody hens is the chick I found this morning stepped on by its mum. :(  I'm guessing it happened partly because I was irritating them and the hatching egg was crushed by her.  I've been leaving them alone since finding it.

It happens. That's why we have a "lockdown" phase with broody hatches ... We don't peek until mom gets the chicks off the nest to teach them to scratch. It takes restraint!

It happens. That's why we have a "lockdown" phase with broody hatches ... We don't peek until mom gets the chicks off the nest to teach them to scratch. It takes restraint!
I'm only peeking now in that I'm glancing into the box when I go into the coop for other reasons (opening the coop, changing the waterers out, closing the coop). No more touching. Period.

I saw a second little face this evening so things are moving along!

A friend of mines little girl was very shocked when she found out a egg comes out of a chicken when visiting my farm......lol

A lady at work was also shocked to find out that a hen did not need the presence of a roo to lay eggs.....OMG i cant believe i work with these people....

People like to believe eggs come out of a egg crate from the grocery store and meat ("omigosh you horrible people you raise them from babies and then EAT them!!") from a styrofoam box at publix...Oh well.
lau.gif

A friend of mines little girl was very shocked when she found out a egg comes out of a chicken when visiting my farm......lol

A lady at work was also shocked to find out that a hen did not need the presence of a roo to lay eggs.....OMG i cant believe i work with these people....

People like to believe eggs come out of a egg crate from the grocery store and meat ("omigosh you horrible people you raise them from babies and then EAT them!!") from a styrofoam box at publix...Oh well.
lau.gif
Yes that whole, "I don't want to eat meat from chickens, I want to eat meat from the store" thing is hilarious to me.

I'm sorry, where did you think it was grown?

My 4 year old keeps telling all of his friends during snack time (because he's forceful with knowledge like his mother) what their food is made of. "Chicken nuggets are made of dead chickens. Bacon is made of dead pigs. Hamburgers are made of dead cows!"

He's very proud of his knowledge but he's disturbing the other kids. XD

Yes that whole, "I don't want to eat meat from chickens, I want to eat meat from the store" thing is hilarious to me.

I'm sorry, where did you think it was grown?

My 4 year old keeps telling all of his friends during snack time (because he's forceful with knowledge like his mother) what their food is made of. "Chicken nuggets are made of dead chickens.  Bacon is made of dead pigs.  Hamburgers are made of dead cows!" 

He's very proud of his knowledge but he's disturbing the other kids. XD

LOL I've had people at work say raisig y chickens in plans to eventually eat them is cruel.......while eating hot pockets that are made with "chicken" lol

I don't know what Attila the Hen would have done if I'd tried lifting her or sneaking her chick out from under her.  I was so impressed with her great show of grouchiness that I figured discretion was the better part of valor and I left her the heck alone.  Well, that and I only have 10 fingers and I'm attached to all of them.

We have a Silkie like that. Sweet as can be......unless she's broody. When I hear that growl from her I respect it and toss some corn to her. She is a mean broody but keeps her babies safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom