Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell her you'll see her in court, make sure to tell her to file in small claims court and make sure to tell her she would probably win if she ended up on Peoples Court or Judge Judy, that way when it comes up to air we can all tune in and watch her lose and get told she's dumber than mud.

If you're a man I wouldn't take it to judge Judy she'd probably side with her just because she's a woman. However I do think she hates stupid people almost as much as she hates men

In my area which is very rural, snow plowing for the most part on all of the secondary roads is private contract. My road may not even see a snow plow until the day after a storm. In most of the towns around me, mine included, you have a well unless you are in the center of town. If you have city water, that's great. But, don't think that everybody lives in the same situation and has the same amenities. And, don't assume that the local tax base can support all of the frills that folks have in the urban areas. Yes, we pay a price for living away from the high population areas. I'm not complaining for myself, just suggesting that you would do well to consider the less fortunate. Such a pandora's box I opened when I suggested that a little compassion for folks in the path of the blizzard would be a good thing. Sad world we live in! Have a nice day, stay safe and warm.

In my area we have little or no choice in many instances not to use "city water" the karst in the part of in my area has a very low water table and sometimes you can't drill deep enough due to the stone to hit water and the tables are also so porous that you have several times a year dry wells, Even the government has trouble building lakes and reservoirs do to the karst. they will leak and leak. Sp back at you for the same situation comment. We are fortunate the Army Corpse of Engineers built the largest lake in the state of Indiana in my county for our water and to alleviate flooding in the lower 15 percent of the state.

This is exactly what I'm talking about - this thread is more misinformation than anything else.

The pink on seeds is infact usually an anti-fungal. Occasionally imidacloprid is used in areas with certain bug issues, but it's not real common. It doesn't become part of the plant, it keeps the seed from being eaten by weevils and such.

Treated seeds are not killing bees. The imidacloprid ends up underground where it breaks down. Imidacloprid as a spray(like Bayer 3 in 1) does cause some problems, but that's not what we're talking about here.

This also has absolutely nothing to do with GMOs, despite the previous poster's attempt to conflate the two.

PS - If your friend eats eggs - shes not a vegan. Her reasons don't matter. If you eat deer, you're not a vegetarian. The words classify specific diets, and have nothing to do with animal welfare. She can say she eats "cruelty free" or something like that.

The pink dye may be used to denote any type of chemical treatment of seeds. However I was referring specifically to neonicitoniods (not imidacloprid) which do become part of the plant and kill any bug that dares to feed on it. Since the person has seen no bugs in the area it is a good bet that the corn was treated with neonicitoniods. Just because you are unfamiliar with the information doesn't mean that it is misinformation. Look up neonicitoniods and see for yourself the damage they're causing to the honey bees and how many countries are starting to ban them.
I do however agree with you in the vegetarian/vegan department. People like the idea of being a part of these lifestyle choices but decide they can bend the definition to suit their own exceptions yet still tout that they're part of the club.

Apparently there are different types of vegetarianism and one is such that you can eat dairy and eggs, just not flesh of animals/fish, etc.  Veganism is the one where they do not consume eggs or any other by-product of animals. 

No the definition of vegetarian is someone or something that only consumes vegetables. These people arent a different kind of vegetarian that can eat certain animal parts or properly treated animals, they're hypocrites that like the attention that comes from calling themselves a vegan or vegetarian.

Really?

Do you have reference or studies to this effect?

I have a hard time believing a small amount of insecticide/ anti-fungal coating a seed which is around 1 sq cm in size is going to stay on the seed and into the plant long enough to kill bees. Considering the seed is put in the ground and rain/water is required to grow the plant for 2 months before it even tassels. Further I have never in my 60 years experience with corn seen bees pollinate it. Corn is pollinated more by wind than anything else.

When was the last time you saw a honey bee on a corn tassel?

You can Google honey bee deaths or neonicitoniods and find all the info you need. As far as seeing corn tassels it's been since I picked the last ear from my garden in the fall. I currently have 5 hives of honey bees and grew up tending my father and grandfather's hives. You're right that corn is primarily a wind pollinator but bees will collect pollen from any plant that produces it just because you don't see them working doesn't mean that they never touch corn. In all of your 60 years of experience how much have you had with bee keeping or industrial commercial pesticides? I'm not sure if you have esp or something else from your 60 years experience that told you I had never seen a corn tassle or honey bee but that assumption was completely wrong as most assumptions are. I'm not the kind of person who opens there mouth about a subject that they don't have a clue about. If you have any other questions let me know

Here is a link to corn pollination, the basics of it, Bees are not mentioned., I believe this is from the Ohio Dept of ag.

Anyone can make a youtube and say anything in it, It does not add to this discussion, IMHO.

Honeybees and bumble bees are 2 separate species.  There are plants that require bumblebees and plants that require honeybees. While there may well be a bee in a corn field it is not there to pollinate or gather pollen from the corn. More than likely it is there for a weed or voluntary crop within the corn.

I am not saying a pesticide sprayed on the corn will not kill bees, it will.   Any pollen a bee gets from corn is incidental.

BTW  Did I say I do not see bees here? I  said they do not pollinate corn. The bee would have to fly from the tassel to the silk on the young ear to pollinate it. They is no reason for the bee to go to the silk.

So you're one of those people who are an expert on everything even subjects such as bees that you know nothing about? Bees will pollinate anything with pollen. You're are right that corn is a plant that doesn't REQUIRE bees for pollination but they can and will pollinate corn

The pink dye may be used to denote any type of chemical treatment of seeds. However I was referring specifically to neonicitoniods (not imidacloprid) which do become part of the plant and kill any bug that dares to feed on it. Since the person has seen no bugs in the area it is a good bet that the corn was treated with neonicitoniods. Just because you are unfamiliar with the information doesn't mean that it is misinformation. Look up neonicitoniods and see for yourself the damage they're causing to the honey bees and how many countries are starting to ban them.
I do however agree with you in the vegetarian/vegan department. People like the idea of being a part of these lifestyle choices but decide they can bend the definition to suit their own exceptions yet still tout that they're part of the club.
Imadicloprid IS a neonictonoid,, and no, they don't get absorbed into the plant when they're used as seed coats. I'm not unfamiliar with this - I'm very familiar with it - clearly you're not.

You can Google honey bee deaths or neonicitoniods and find all the info you need. As far as seeing corn tassels it's been since I picked the last ear from my garden in the fall. I currently have 5 hives of honey bees and grew up tending my father and grandfather's hives. You're right that corn is primarily a wind pollinator but bees will collect pollen from any plant that produces it just because you don't see them working doesn't mean that they never touch corn. In all of your 60 years of experience how much have you had with bee keeping or industrial commercial pesticides? I'm not sure if you have esp or something else from your 60 years experience that told you I had never seen a corn tassle or honey bee but that assumption was completely wrong as most assumptions are. I'm not the kind of person who opens there mouth about a subject that they don't have a clue about. If you have any other questions let me know
Yeah, you can google it, and pretty much all of the research indicates that colony collapse has more to do with Varroa, Nosema, and Israeli Paralysis Virus - and nothing to do with Neonictonoids.

The European union banned Neonics - and they've got it worse than anyone else.

Did you even watch it?  That was clearly a honeybee and it was clearly on a corn tassel and it was most clearly gathering pollen.  They can SAY anything on a YT vid but it's much harder to produce a fake honeybee working on a fake corn tassel.  It happens and it happens all the time and since the discussion included a disclaimer that stated that honeybees don't work on corn, then I'd say the vid was most relevant as a recording of living proof that they do indeed work corn and gather pollen from it.  IMHO

I'm sure that the bee was trained specifically for the video to continue the big honey bee corn conspiracy! Lmao nice to see another bee keeper helping to educate the masses. People have no idea the disaster that we will have if we lose our bees! They're just as important as our chickens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom