Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're one of those people who are an expert on everything even subjects such as bees that you know nothing about? Bees will pollinate anything with pollen. You're are right that corn is a plant that doesn't REQUIRE bees for pollination but they can and will pollinate corn

I would prefer you not label me and I will not label you, just because I do not agree with your opinion on the "pink" stuff on seeds.. BTW I thought we were through with this topic.

Last edited:
I started the video, I saw it was a propaganda video with no scientific basis and shut it down. It was not worth my time to watch it.

If I see sparrows setting on high lines wires that does not mean they are gathering wire them.

I have seen butterflies on tree branches that does not mean they are gathering wood.

I even saw a deer standing in the middle of a asphalt road, and I am pretty sure it was not eating the asphalt, I know the asphalt would have hurt it had it eaten it.

Honeybees may find a nugget  of something on a corn.   I bet honeybees could even find some sugar from a scratch or cut on the leaves or stalk.  I know as a fact some bees will eat on corn where the husk has been opened and the starches are exposed, that does not mean they are pollinating the plant.

I will say as a fact a honeybee does nothing towards pollinating the plant.

Further, just because a honeybee is sitting on a tassel does not mean the "pink stuff" on the seed is going to kill or even affect the bee. That little fungicide is most likely dissipated long before the plant reaches tasseling age.

I have never de-tasseled corn like Blooey has so I will concede to her the bees were there.  I guess I thought the whole discussion was the "pink" on the seeds killing the honeybees.  

Really you can say as a FACT that the bee didn't pollinate the plant? How is that? Are you familiar with what a fact is? A honey bees sole purpose in life is collecting pollen for food. The pollinating of plants is something they do inadvertently while moving from plant to plant collecting food. They do not care about pollinating or which plants require them for the process or not. You seem to think we're saying that corn REQUIRES bees for pollination which we are not. We're simply saying that the bees do occasionally feed from the corn pollen.

Dear Rich:

The conversation is over. I stated I do not believe bees pollinate corn, I also stated way back there I was in error upon some research I found honeybees will gather pollen off a tassel. That does not mean they pollinate corn. To pollinate corn the bee would have to stop by the silk, 3 feet from the tassel.

Now can we please drop it.

I will gladly join you guys!!
1f602.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom