Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is at times like that.. That I stop and ask the question.. Are we really the most intelligent species on this planet or are we all just faking it

Fake it, till you make it
lau.gif

I got one, just today someone dropped off their "roosters" because they didn't want them. My husband was about to process them when I come down and see two white leghorn hens. I asked my husband if he had a good look at these "roosters" that these people had left. When he finally looked he was shocked and was like "oh wow you're right! They are hens!" so I guess we have two new girls now that we got for free lol! At least this time someone's ignorance got me more chickens
tongue.png

I got one, just today someone dropped off their "roosters" because they didn't want them. My husband was about to process them when I come down and see two white leghorn hens. I asked my husband if he had a good look at these "roosters" that these people had left. When he finally looked he was shocked and was like "oh wow you're right! They are hens!" so I guess we have two new girls now that we got for free lol! At least this time someone's ignorance got me more chickens
tongue.png
I have heard of this before. Any size comb and wattles = Rooster....
gig.gif

I actually don't have chickens. :hit  x1000000

I used to have 3. They were my babies, I loved them so :love  Our sucky HOA sent them away. The only good thing they left us with was a brilliant suggestion : there is a neighbor with about 2.5 acres, plus a house, and the only part they use is the house and about a half an acre for their horses. I think they have 3, and don't even stable them, I don't believe. And that's only rarely... basically they drive from the house they actually live at to their house about every day to feed and water the horses and sometimes spend the night. The rest is just a big paddock, a few sheds, and a trailer... and they are our friends... so we're offering to give them 1/4 of our eggs and if I get a rooster and a good broody girl (which I highly plan upon), chicks for themselves if they desire, for free, that I would raise. They wouldn't have to do anything, and since the property isn't being used... I don't see a reason to say no. I'm very excited, since mom finally gave in and said that this spring we can get some chickens. She doesn't know what she's getting into... I want at least 15 before I graduate :p  So that's my story. 

3 horses on 1/2 an acre? Are they minis? If not and they are not stabling them you might want to be careful keeping animals there. That is not near enough pasture for three horses.I would be very cautious.

3 horses on 1/2 an acre? Are they minis? If not and they are not stabling them you might want to be careful keeping animals there. That is not near enough pasture for three horses.I would be very cautious.

They aren't minis. It's not very big for sure, but I've never been to the back of the property except when I was 7. I actually don't think they have a stable, but maybe they have a winter shelter. Either way, I would never trust them with chickens.... I just hope I can keep them away other than to deliver my egg shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom