Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am always shocked at the # of people that will argue and tell you that you must have a rooster to gets eggs or the people that just don't realize that fact. I have even talked to doctors that weren't aware of that fact and even some people that were around chickens.

Somewhere on this board you'll see a post where I said that my usual response to those who say you have to have a rooster to get eggs is, "Shhhh. Don't tell my hens or they may get ideas and refuse to lay. So, it'll just be our secret, ok?" I always love the looks on their faces. <darn fools>

Somewhere on this board you'll see a post where I said that my usual response to those who say you have to have a rooster to get eggs is, "Shhhh. Don't tell my hens or they may get ideas and refuse to lay. So, it'll just be our secret, ok?" I always love the looks on their faces.
It is fun to make up ridiculous lies and tell them to unsuspecting strangers, ( I am guilty of doing so myself!;) ) but all it really does is spread the ridiculous ideas that eventually end up here on backyard chickens. I think I can pretty safely say that half the dumb things on backyard chickens were spread by chicken people having some fun with gullible city people.:D

This isn't
1f414.png
related but it drives me insane:
"Uncrustables":barnie when my parents told me about it I thought they were lying. I just couldn't believe that people buy this! It's packaged pb&j!!! And it's FROZEN!!! Are human beings incapable of spreading peanut butter and jelly on two pieces of bread and slapping it together?!?!? Ooooh and then you have to use a knife to cut the crust off oh the horror! It's impossible!!:smack! Quick, give something packaged, frozen, and filled with who knows what before I hurt myself on the pointy butter knife!!
I lost my faith in humanity a long time ago.... :mad:

This isn't
1f414.png
"Uncrustables"
barnie.gif
when my parents told me about it I thought they were lying. I just couldn't believe that people buy this! It's packaged pb&j!!! And it's FROZEN!!! Are human beings incapable of spreading peanut butter and jelly on two pieces of bread and slapping it together?!?!? Ooooh and then you have to use a knife to cut the crust off oh the horror! It's impossible!!
smack.gif
! Quick, give something packaged, frozen, and filled with who knows what before I hurt myself on the pointy butter knife!!
I lost my faith in humanity a long time ago....
somad.gif

At least I'm not the only one!!
wee.gif

This isn't
1f414.png
"Uncrustables"
barnie.gif
when my parents told me about it I thought they were lying. I just couldn't believe that people buy this! It's packaged pb&j!!! And it's FROZEN!!! Are human beings incapable of spreading peanut butter and jelly on two pieces of bread and slapping it together?!?!? Ooooh and then you have to use a knife to cut the crust off oh the horror! It's impossible!!
smack.gif
! Quick, give something packaged, frozen, and filled with who knows what before I hurt myself on the pointy butter knife!!
somad.gif
They were on a list of the worst foods you can buy from a Store too.

Do not give them to your children.

Oh. My. Gosh. This thread is ingenious!

Before I got my chickens, the next-door neighbor called:

"Is that pink tape where the coop will be?"

"Yes."

"I don't want to look at that."

This person's garage has two missing panels. She also has three small children and plastic toys all over the front lawn.

Yeah… And the lovely Amish-built coop is in the very back of the backyard. Oh, well.

It is fun to make up ridiculous lies and tell them to unsuspecting strangers, ( I am guilty of doing so myself!
wink.png
) but all it really does is spread the ridiculous ideas that eventually end up here on backyard chickens. I think I can pretty safely say that half the dumb things on backyard chickens were spread by chicken people having some fun with gullible city people.
big_smile.png

Although I agree that may be the case in some instances, I think my fun little statement clearly implies that my girls are laying without a fella around ... especially since the conversation typically starts when I'm asked about my roosters which prompts me to say, "I don't have any roosters, just hens". And, then, the fun begins.

Believe me, I leave no room for misunderstanding; it would ruin the fun. I've had lots of practice pulling people's legs over the last 68 years, and have got it down pretty pat by now ... besides, who am I to tell people they're wrong? (Apparently, that's their job) I let them think they're right, but we're in cahoots together by keeping it a secret from my girls. It adds to the entertainment factor that way.
tongue.png

Oh. My. Gosh. This thread is ingenious!

Before I got my chickens, the next-door neighbor called:

"Is that pink tape where the coop will be?"

"Yes."

"I don't want to look at that."

This person's garage has two missing panels. She also has three small children and plastic toys all over the front lawn.

Yeah… And the lovely Amish-built coop is in the very back of the backyard. Oh, well.

Please tell me you built it anyway. Fortunately, her approval isn't a requirement..

This isn't
1f414.png
"Uncrustables"
barnie.gif
smack.gif
somad.gif

The first time I heard about those, I thought I was hallucinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom