Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandpa: Hey, your chickens are nice!
Me; Thanks!
Grandpa: I don't see any roosters...
Me: Weeelll.. I can't have roosters where I live.
Grandpa: Huuuhh??? Then why did ya'll get chickens?
Me: So we could have eggs!
Grandpa: Whuuuut??? You can't have eggs without a rooster!
Me: HA!!! HA!!! HA!!!
Grandpa; What's so funny?

Me; Mmmmmm..... These eggs are good! They came from our chickens.
Sister; GAAAAAAHH!!!
Me: What's the matter?
Sister: (Runs to trash can, gagging and coughing.)
Me:( Gasp!) Oh my, are you okay?
Sister: WHY didn't you tell me?
Me; Tell you what?
Sister; That those eggs came from those nasty chickens!
Me; Why can't you eat our eggs?
Sister; Because they came from those nasty chickens!

What's so funny? your answer should have been mothers are all women, but not all women are mothers, that should let the kid know all he needed to know...

Me; Mmmmmm..... These eggs are good! They came from our chickens.
Sister; GAAAAAAHH!!!
Me: What's the matter?
Sister: (Runs to trash can, gagging and coughing.)
Me:( Gasp!) Oh my, are you okay?
Sister: WHY didn't you tell me?
Me; Tell you what?
Sister; That those eggs came from those nasty chickens!
Me; Why can't you eat our eggs?
Sister; Because they came from those nasty chickens!

Is she one of those people who think that eggs from the store come from somewhere other than a chicken? Because everyone knows that eggs come from the egg fairy! :rolleyes:

I am always shocked at the # of people that will argue and tell you that you must have a rooster to gets eggs or the people that just don't realize that fact. I have even talked to doctors that weren't aware of that fact and even some people that were around chickens.

this was me talking to a guy from church:
him: so a fertilized egg??
me:....is an egg that's fertilized?
him: so why can't you eat it?
me: it's got a baby chick inside!
him: don't they all??
me: nooo only the fertilized ones!
him: well how do they get fertilized?!
me... well you see the momma chicken and the daddy chicken.....

lol one of the funniest conversations
Fertilized eggs don't have a baby chick inside. Incubated eggs have a baby chick inside. Folks the world round have eaten fertile eggs for thousands of years.

Fertilized eggs don't have a baby chick inside. Incubated eggs have a baby chick inside. Folks the world round have eaten fertile eggs for thousands of years.

x2. It's time to see this myth die, especially here on BYC!

Here is a picture of a fertilized egg vs. an unfertilized one. The thinning of the germinal disc is the ONLY difference, as long as the egg is kept below 95+ degrees F:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/16008/how-to-tell-a-fertile-vs-infertile-egg-pictures

We sell 25+ dozen fertile eggs every single week. Not one has a baby chicken inside.

Last edited:
Not really about MY chickens, and not really a statement, but...

I mentioned how chickens purr when they're happy and somebody said sarcastically: "And how do chickens define happiness?"

-_-

Last edited:
Lead your sister to the computer google battery hens and show her where store bought eggs come from and I bet she will beg to eat your eggs or swear off eggs forever. ;-)

I had my own selfish reasons for having chickens, and was completely clueless about the true condition of battery hens.
hit.gif
Now, with my bleeding heart, I'm going to feel obligated to go on a chicken giving spree so every household has an egg layer and that crap stops.

Sad thing is, most store-egg-eating people wouldn't know what end to look for an egg to come out of.

I had my own selfish reasons for having chickens, and was completely clueless about the true condition of battery hens.
hit.gif
Now, with my bleeding heart, I'm going to feel obligated to go on a chicken giving spree so every household has an egg layer and that crap stops.

Sad thing is, most store-egg-eating people wouldn't know what end to look for an egg to come out of.
True story. Years ago I worked with a lady that thought the eggs where laid from an opening underneath the hens wing. When I told her the truth she turned white. Complete and total city girl.

I ended up with a double yoker one day while a friend of mine was over, the egg was significantly larger than the other eggs I gathered, (mind you I gather every day and she knows this) she stated "well maybe that one is just farther along!" ... I had to inform her that the egg shell does not grow with the chick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom