Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm changing this post...

Family friendly forum and all.

Last edited:
Okay. I've gotta weigh in:
Uhhhmmm, having owned and run a stud farm I can say the two (men and horses) are most definitely different. I've never seen a human swat flies with theirs.... I could go into the whole physiology form & function conversation, but let's just leave it at it was unfortunate that the neighbors were not farm savvy enough to understand the nature of horses and the etiquette of animals.
Goodness, hadn't they ever taken their kids to the zoo?

On a lighter note: I'm in the process of building a chicken coop. One neighbor (who gets my clippings to feed her horses) wanted to know when there would be chickens. More specifically, when would there be eggs. I explained to her that I'd be incubating the eggs and then the chicks would have to grow...and all would take place AFTER the coop was finished. "Yes, but what date?" Oh, yes... Wouldn't it be nice if chicks were hatched with a "Lay on date" marking somewhere?

On a lighter note: I'm in the process of building a chicken coop. One neighbor (who gets my clippings to feed her horses) wanted to know when there would be chickens. More specifically, when would there be eggs. I explained to her that I'd be incubating the eggs and then the chicks would have to grow...and all would take place AFTER the coop was finished. "Yes, but what date?" Oh, yes... Wouldn't it be nice if chicks were hatched with a "Lay on date" marking somewhere?
Commercial egg farms' pullets do have a 'lay on date'. They just put them on a lighting program timed to their age and most will start within a week or so of each other.
We can easily do the same modified for the breed.

Last edited:
I have another one for you:

I was telling my sister that I would have to rehome my chicks, especially if they turn out to be roosters. She said: "Don't worry! All you have to do is give the rooster contraceptive, so he won't produce more chicks."
I was speechless
lau.gif

I have another one for you:

I was telling my sister that I would have to rehome my chicks, especially if they turn out to be roosters. She said: "Don't worry! All you have to do is give the rooster contraceptive, so he won't produce more chicks."
I was speechless
lau.gif

Hope he doesn't work for Hobby Lobby! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom