Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

So excited about no more freezes and plants are starting to produce so it's time for the farmers market to get going again! Going to make a small display at the library...happened to find in Goodwill today some baskets and fake veggies for the display! (Really how often do you find fake VEGGIES?. Usually you find fake fruit.) Perfectly timed!

I picked up a chair (a dog gnawed on it but it still support weight), and a bookshelf (in great condition).. both free. They were curbside for pickup. I also got a basket and an extra hair straightner.

My hubby got some lumber for free for our chicken tractor the other day (so proud!) and I'm not sure if I posted when I got the 4 cages and 2 nestboxes free a while ago?

So we bought some material to build a chicken tractor... but hubby and I aren't the best carpenters... so he started trying to build one, and lets just say it wasn't happening. I went online and found a chicken tractor for $35! We picked it up immediately. It will need a little work (it has poultry netting for one), but we COULD use it as is. I'll try to post pictures later!

We also got cull lumber 2x4x8 for $1 each!

@oldrooster I actually think I could build one, but hubby can't or won't so we are just planning on fixing up this one for now. We will probably use the wood we bought and have for the dog houses =)

I babysit a 2 year old and am always on the look out for a good bargain as far as playthings for her. 2 weeks ago I found a Little Tikes slide and a Little Tikes Cozy Pickup sitting out for the trash. The slide was in very good condition, just faded and the truck was almost like new, just missing the horn. I looked up the retail on the truck and it is $86 Best part- my little charge LOVES them.

Back
Top Bottom