Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

But worth more re than what he offered!!
$2 certainly is a low price. However, since she came from a hatchery and likely isn't purebred (most hatchery Dutch have Old English Game in their backgrounds), I doubt most people would pay more than $10-$15 for her.

On the other hand, his price of $80 for each of his birds is a little high, though price depends on supply/demand in an area and quality. I typically sell Dutch bantams (purebred, from Holland backgrounds) for $25 each, $50 for a pair. I probably could sell them for a little more, but don't.

$2 certainly is a low price. However, since she came from a hatchery and likely isn't purebred (most hatchery Dutch have Old English Game in their backgrounds), I doubt most people would pay more than $10-$15 for her.

On the other hand, his price of $80 for each of his birds is a little high, though price depends on supply/demand in an area and quality. I typically sell Dutch bantams (purebred, from Holland backgrounds) for $25 each, $50 for a pair. I probably could sell them for a little more, but don't.

I would love to find about 3 more hens and a Roo for her and she is still a beautiful bird I wouldn't trade her for anything!

Last edited:
Do Dutch pullets have a blue/green ear lobe? I have a pullet of unknown breed with blue/green ear lobes and think that she might be a Dutch.
Did you ever find out what this girl was? I have a very similar looking chicken that I'm trying to figure out.

Based on the breeds that Cackle Hatchery carries, I would have to say that she is a white faced black spanish. Her comb isn't quite as large as the ones in the pictures that they show, but otherwise she looks about right.

Is there still a Dutch breed club of some sort existing? I have a friend looking for a breeders directory. Thank you.
I'm guessing there is a breed club that still exists today, though I can't find any link to a breeder's directory. It's called The Dutch Bantam Club of Great Britain, and they seem to update their pages frequently. Here's the website: http://www.dutchbantamclub.co.uk/

Hello! I hatched some eggs that were sold to me as "light brown Dutch bantam" Can anyone confirm what the color is? Also, I have some with white/yellow shanks and some with slate what would be the appropriate color for show? I feel confused by what I've found on the internet! Not the greatest picture I can try to take a better one if needed. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1024181631.jpg
    1024181631.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom