Easter Egger Pics!!!

Pics
Great shot! I love Chicken selfies. Do you have a side shot? She looks a bit like one of mine but I was worried mines markings might mean roo. Your little girl obviously isn't. She is a cutie.

She is one of my least cooperative birds when it comes to pics, so this is about as good as I can do...

Do I see a Delaware in the background?....
big_smile.png
Indeed you do. Actually the Delaware and the EE should both start laying at any time now, we're waiting anxiously.

Hello! First time chicken owner here :) Mine are going on 3 weeks (I believe), and are still in a brooder box for now. To start, I decided on Buff Orpingtons & Black Australorps. And, of course, when I'm at the store I spy the "Ameraucana" bin (I've since learned all about THAT misidentification. Lol.) I ended up getting two of each....Orps, Austras, and EE-ers. I tried to grab two different colored EE chicks...ended up with an auburn chipmunk & a taupe chipmunk. They were all labeled "Pullets"...so here's hoping!! I'm excited to see what the EE chicks will look like as hens. I've found quite a few pics online that look like my auburn chipmunk, chick to adult, but not any that really match my taupe chipmunk. Now, at about 3 weeks, the taupe one has taken on a blue-ish color, mixed with cream. Really interesting! Anyone have one that looks like that?

Hello! First time chicken owner here :) Mine are going on 3 weeks (I believe), and are still in a brooder box for now. To start, I decided on Buff Orpingtons & Black Australorps. And, of course, when I'm at the store I spy the "Ameraucana" bin (I've since learned all about THAT misidentification. Lol.) I ended up getting two of each....Orps, Austras, and EE-ers. I tried to grab two different colored EE chicks...ended up with an auburn chipmunk & a taupe chipmunk. They were all labeled "Pullets"...so here's hoping!! I'm excited to see what the EE chicks will look like as hens. I've found quite a few pics online that look like my auburn chipmunk, chick to adult, but not any that really match my taupe chipmunk. Now, at about 3 weeks, the taupe one has taken on a blue-ish color, mixed with cream. Really interesting! Anyone have one that looks like that?
Oh they are pretty! I've seen other birds that have dark black and brown but the variations from there are fascinating. I don't have any like that but there are pics around here somewhere. I had three that started out grey and white, feathered I mean the chicks themselves were really different colors. No taupe though. Pretty pretty pretty.

The blue one is sure a beauty. My white and black one looked like her at that age, but she never got any blue.

Oh they are pretty! I've seen other birds that have dark black and brown but the variations from there are fascinating. I don't have any like that but there are pics around here somewhere. I had three that started out grey and white, feathered I mean the chicks themselves were really different colors. No taupe though. Pretty pretty pretty.
Thank you!! I'm starting to see why so many people enjoy EE chickens...it's like waiting for a gift to unwrap itself. You never know what you'll get until they're fully grown! I can't wait to see how much these two change, still. Even their legs are changing color...both have the dark green legs now; started off more yellow.

Thank you!! I do think they're such pretty birds...EEs I mean. So interesting...and exciting...to see what they grow up to be! I am just praying that both of mine truly are pullets. I think they're to young to tell yet. Neither one really has much of any kind of comb yet. And the taupe-y, blue-ish one doesn't even really have a tail yet. All the others have big, ole tails started! I did find a thread on her called "Show me your Easter Eggers." They had a lot of pics...found one that looked almost exactly like my darker EE. But none like my lighter colored one.

Back
Top Bottom