Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Okay, I posted this picture on another site, asking about why this EE has a raspy voice at 7 weeks old -- and someone said (s)he looks like a roo and maybe that explains the voice change. But from everything I've read here, she should be a pullet! That is...I think. I'm such a newbie at this it isn't even funny! LOL

31488_chippy_milly.jpg

Taken yesterday, sitting with my bantam Mille Fleur.

Here's the same one a couple weeks ago, with the two bantams (and another chicken's tail in the way):

31488_chickies3.jpg

And here's my other EE, who is like twice as big as the other one, but still peeps like a baby. LOL

31488_hawky2.jpg

Any thoughts? I'm really praying they're both pullets...I don't think I can keep roos in my neighborhood, but I'd hate to get rid of them!
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm not sure about gender here.. I can't tell from these pics.. As far as the voice I have a Brahma pullet that sounds like a goose.. LOL .. each bird is different
smile.png
Hope it's a girl!

Last edited:
Some chickens make a growly sound rather than your typical clucks. I have an EE like that. There's nothing wrong with her -- she's just different.

My cockerel does not growl. He makes sounds a lot like the pullets except when he's crowing.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! That makes me feel much better.
wee.gif

(And sorry about the pictures...these beauty shots are the only pics I've got on this computer!)

Hi I posted this before, but I'm still clueless LOL.
Can you folks give me your opinion on this chicken.

5960_img_0973.jpg

The barred bird is a cockerel. Pretty sure I can see skinny feathers in the neck and saddle areas and the tail is classic roo.

Quote:
That looks like a boy to me.. the tail looks very pointy in this pic.. How old is it?

Thanks
About 13 weeks.

One more question, & pic, when do roos get their spurs?
Its 13 weeks now.
Thanks

5960_img_0978.jpg

Back
Top Bottom