Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SandraD...tell your council that people in New York City can keep chickens. I believe that information will provide weight to your argument and tip the scales in your favor.
New York City, NY. Chickens are considered pets under the Health Code. Unlimited number of hens allowed; no roosters or other types of poultry. Code mentions cleanliness of chicken area must be kept clean.

That quote was taken directly from this website. My parents live in Mount Juliet where it's perfectly fine to keep ponies, horses, mules, cows, but not chickens and pigs on their particular road. I told her that if she really wanted to keep chickens, then challenge the rule as the man that stipulated it when he divided up the land has been dead a long time. My mother can be very persuasive--she could have made one heckuva lawyer--it's her health issues that keep her from doing the actual chicken-keeping work.
sad.png

Quote:
That quote was taken directly from this website. My parents live in Mount Juliet where it's perfectly fine to keep ponies, horses, mules, cows, but not chickens and pigs on their particular road. I told her that if she really wanted to keep chickens, then challenge the rule as the man that stipulated it when he divided up the land has been dead a long time. My mother can be very persuasive--she could have made one heckuva lawyer--it's her health issues that keep her from doing the actual chicken-keeping work.
sad.png

That's a shame. My mom is starting to develop a few issues, n its very frustrating. That's what I thought about NYC. I now know that u can have chickens in Knoxville and Asheville, which makes me so mad. I live on an acre, but am right in the middle of the city. This SHOULD b soo easy, but they make it such a hassle. Typical of government. Thx for the info!

I think JC is catering to the newcomers that are buying all those McMansions...their houses cost more; therefore they pay more taxes. It stinks, it really does. Well, I'm glad I ran across your plight because dh & I are starting to look for a larger house + more land and I think I better skip looking at JC houses.

I now know that u can have chickens in Knoxville...

And boy does my BIL's wife hate that!
gig.gif
She complains about the bantam roosters way down the road. She's a neurotic cat person--as in both she AND her cats are neurotic. Poor BIL.

Hmmm, could you move to Jonesborough or Greeneville?​

Quote:
gig.gif
She complains about the bantam roosters way down the road. She's a neurotic cat person--as in both she AND her cats are neurotic. Poor BIL.

Hmmm, could you move to Jonesborough or Greeneville?

I live on the outskirts of Greeneville in Mosheim and I have found it odd that I am one of only 2 people in this immediate area who keep chickens. Really cheap to live here as well.

Quote:
gig.gif

Hmmm, could you move to Jonesborough or Greeneville?

Ha, nothing worse than a neurotic cat AND cat person. I see enough neurosis @ wrk
smile.png
(RN). I do believe there r areas within JC, that do allow chickens, but not within the city limits. That's what I have been told so far. Like going the back way to Elizabethton, I see lots of chickens n that's still JC. I do love my home, but I definately would like a place where I can have a bit more latitude. I do like Jonesborough and Greeneville both, but have no immediate plans to move.

I love going the old way from Bluff City to Elizabethton, stopping by Ridgewood BBQ to eat. It makes me so sad to see a Walgreens (in Elizabethton) standing where the above-garage apartment used to be...the one dh & I lived in as newlyweds, 28 years ago.

Quote:
Aww. Its been a long while, but we love Ridgewood. We have lived here since 1996, and its unbelivable how much things have changed. I was amazed when I got here how many cows/deer were on state of franklin, now that's all gone. its the new post office, and shopping centers. Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom