Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, Just thought I would give everyone around the Athens, Riceville Tn. area a "heads up" alert. I run a small hatchery here in Delano in Polk co. and in the last 5 days I have had 2 different people come to buy replacement chicks from me, apparently these people have had their entire flock stolen. One lady called me this morning and said someone had made off with all her leghorns, one buff Orpington Roo, and 4 Ameracanas last night. I felt so bad for her, she had raised them up from chicks and they were just at the point of laying, she was so upset. Another man had all of his Black Australorps stolen. For the life of me I cannot imagine why anyone would be so low down as to steal someones flock of chickens! I told her to call the police and make a report, she called me back and told me she did call them and when they got a chance they would come out.

Quote:
tell them to find and attend the local auctions, swap meets, and flea markets. alot come up with birds they just suddenly aquired, packed into cages or even just boxes or bags, and the people might be able to by back whole flocks cheap. scoundrels know no bounds.

Quote:
tell them to find and attend the local auctions, swap meets, and flea markets. alot come up with birds they just suddenly aquired, packed into cages or even just boxes or bags, and the people might be able to by back whole flocks cheap. scoundrels know no bounds.

I did tell her about the flea market Wed. morning in Niota, I am going and taking a bunch of chicks to sell and told her I would look for them and if I saw anything like hers I would call her and let her know so she could run up there.

Quote:

I did tell her about the flea market Wed. morning in Niota, I am going and taking a bunch of chicks to sell and told her I would look for them and if I saw anything like hers I would call her and let her know so she could run up there.

how cool of you! good to know so many great and crazy chicken people besides me on here.

Quote:
And boy does my BIL's wife hate that!
gig.gif
She complains about the bantam roosters way down the road. She's a neurotic cat person--as in both she AND her cats are neurotic. Poor BIL.

Hmmm, could you move to Jonesborough or Greeneville?

I live on the outskirts of Greeneville in Mosheim and I have found it odd that I am one of only 2 people in this immediate area who keep chickens. Really cheap to live here as well.

I also live outskirts of Greene county Mosheim way and taxes are alot cheaper here along with housing prices.

Along with watching your chickens watch your garden to pretty soon they will steal anything to keep afloat.

Quote:
I live on the outskirts of Greeneville in Mosheim and I have found it odd that I am one of only 2 people in this immediate area who keep chickens. Really cheap to live here as well.

I also live outskirts of Greene county Mosheim way and taxes are alot cheaper here along with housing prices.

>waves< hi neighbor!!!!!!

Hello everyone! I am fairly new to byc and glad i found a posting on here for us "hillbillies". I live in cleveland just south of poultrylady. I guess we will have to keep an eye on our chickens since there is a chicken thief in the area. I remember back in the good ol days when people would just steal your lawnmower gas and weedeaters to prevent you from having to mow. If the pawn shops ever start taking chickens we will all be in trouble.

Quote:

how cool of you! good to know so many great and crazy chicken people besides me on here.

Yes poultrylady, very cool and very generous. Ur a good "egg", ha. Hope she finds them.

Quote:
I hear that maranman, not only have I, just this year, already gotten corn and tomatoes taken, but this spring, someone stole about 4-5 wheelbarrows full of beautiful soil. Its shameful how people steal. No integrity whatsoever! Can u imagine how they r raising their children, if u can even find a mom or "baby daddy". Very sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom