Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Not really surprised by that. I do hope to move up into your neck of the woods if someone buys my place one day so that's why I was asking. Would like to have a small egg stand right at the end of the driveway. Where I live now, no one drives by, hidden like we are, so I'd have to leave my property to sell eggs unless my neighbors come to me, as a few do.

I know we have yard sales out on pulloffs and one thing that I do to generate more "stoppers" is put out some signs about brown eggs and keep some in a cooler... they sell out fast but I keep the signs up so others stop... then buy things out of guilt of stopping and not being truely interested in the yard sale. LOL!!!

I have a neighbor who sells out of a small fridge he drags out to the hwy and has a drop cord to keep it plugged in. He does a honor system and people leave $2 and take a dozen. I, personally, never have alot of eatting eggs. My mother takes what she needs and she sells to her neighbors and occassionally I will give them to people who are less fortunate.... but overall most of mine are sold as hatching or hatched here. To be honest, I can't think of many people around here who even think about regulations. I know I don't.

Love that about the guilt yard sale buys, LOL! I doubt the regs are really enforced, at least at this point in time. No idea about the future. If we end up on a road with some traffic, I think I'd set me up a little stand, regs or no regs. Thanks, Stacy.

well crap
he.gif
I dont know what I was thinking when I said I would show my GLW's this time..... I forgot I figured on the spring show and clipped their wings a month ago. They were following one of my reds over the run fence.... I'll still bring the two SS's because they are sold I think. If anyone wants me to bring any of the GLW's or reds, let me know.

Hey bairo, want any more cochin mixes? I am going to bring a few to sell. 3 leghorn/cochin mixes (white with black spots) and MAYBE a buff/blue cochin mix.

Quote:
I love the ones I have..but no thanks. Have to cut back so I can get a good del breeding program going I think
smile.png
I've got 3 pairs from three different lines coming to me. Darn it...and not too long ago I swore I was only in this for the fresh fried eggs! Now NPIP is not far off and I want to breed and show. You guys have made a chicken monster out of me (darn chicken math)
tongue.gif

Last edited:
That's fine, just thought I would ask. I am trying to cut down my "layer flock" to the bare bones. Just the "old girls" and a few rejects. Working on the New Hamps now and sticking with the mottled cochins. Plus with the rabbits now....ooh BTW, i am bringing some rabbits to sell this weekend!

Im bringing a few cochin cross started chicks, they appear to be mostly females. Maybe have 3 mille fluer d'uccle cockrels, have 2 oegb cross hens, and possibly 2 started leghorns not for sure on male or female on those though im leaning towards a pair. Also have some Claret cross chicks. Everyone wanted to go broody this year
lol.png

Quote:
I love the ones I have..but no thanks. Have to cut back so I can get a good del breeding program going I think
smile.png
I've got 3 pairs from three different lines coming to me. Darn it...and not too long ago I swore I was only in this for the fresh fried eggs! Now NPIP is not far off and I want to breed and show. You guys have made a chicken monster out of me (darn chicken math)
tongue.gif

Bario darling.... I think anyone on this forum are chicken monsters...so don't feel bad. I was only to have 5 laying hens for fresh eggs and now I have almost 90, breeding 3 different types...so...it just happens.
idunno.gif
Deep down we love it!
celebrate.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom