Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Looking right now, hoping for an old cabinet or something (found a cool bator on the incubator page on here)... cheap or free prefered...

Quote:
Thanks! I'm searching as of now for something that could be fixed up to look nicer, like a painted wood dresser (small) that we could re-do, or a large square aquarium, something that won't be hard to seal and make into an incubator, hate to get a cooler because they're kinda small and this will be in my living room which is why I'm looking for something wooden (not that fake stuff!) but it's gonna have to be from someone who's clearing out the basement or something that doesn't want it anymore and is selling cheap!
smile.png
Been looking on CL but may be looking under wrong section, havn't found anything cheap yet...

Quote from another thread

"She's a retired civil engineer from New Jersey who moved to Sanford, NC. She began raising fowl as a hobby and it grew to where she now has upwards of 1000-1500 birds. She has chickens, ducks, geese, and peafowl. She recently lost her husband unexpectedly and is now having health problems. She lives alone and just can't handle the amount of birds she has. When I intially contacted her she was selling the birds for $10 a piece, but she ended up just giving the birds to us.

What I'm asking is if anyone in North Carolina is looking for any sort of fowl you think of this woman first. She's willing to let the birds go for free to good homes. You can take as few as 1 and as many as all of them. The birds are for the most part healthy, it's just that predators are really starting to take their toll on her flock. She has many pure breeds such as Coronation and light sussex, japanese bantams, Barnevelder, a WHOLE flock of Red Sexlinks, Leghorns, and other laying breeds.

Please contact me either through BYC or through email. [email protected]

I would like to restate that the chickens are being well cared for. It's just that this woman is sacrificing her health to make sure the chickens are taken care of."

Road Trip? 5 hours one way... anyone headed out that way for anything??

Last edited:
Quote:

Hubby's gonna take the drawers out and take the backs off of them and glue them to the front, we're gonna take the back off and make it into a clear door and of course insulate the inside.. this way when people walk in it'll look like it does now but when I have chicks in it I can turn it around and watch them
smile.png
We'll see how long it takes for him to get working on it but he's happy I found it and how cheap it was!

Quote:
He said he could do them 14x14, but I just want to brag on my girls here. Two of them managed to squeeze into a 12x12 box today. If they'd laid an egg it likely would have exploded under the pressure but you have to admire their level of commitment to that box.

Just tell me when you want him to get started. He said it takes less than two hours if he has the material on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom