Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It'd be worth it to get 10 chickens! If I took my car, not the truck.. costs after gas would be $105, wonder if I should go... I like red sexlinks and leghorns...

Quote:

Hubby's gonna take the drawers out and take the backs off of them and glue them to the front, we're gonna take the back off and make it into a clear door and of course insulate the inside.. this way when people walk in it'll look like it does now but when I have chicks in it I can turn it around and watch them
smile.png
We'll see how long it takes for him to get working on it but he's happy I found it and how cheap it was!

What a great idea! I have been scouring CL forever to try to find a free non-working wine cooler. I think that would make an awesome bator. DH has access to big commercial coolers he offered to convert.
lau.gif

Quote:
It'd be worth it to get 10 chickens! If I took my car, not the truck.. costs after gas would be $105, wonder if I should go... I like red sexlinks and leghorns...

It would get me for about 265 if I took the van, but I could also grab huge load of chickens. How many you think you could fit in your car I wander?

Quote:

It would get me for about 265 if I took the van, but I could also grab huge load of chickens. How many you think you could fit in your car I wander?

Well, it depends on how I load it up... may be a low rider but the trunks big as is the back seat... I doubt we need to bring a bunch back! I could fit more than one into boxes... depends what she has! for $265 you'd have to bring back at least 27 chickens back to make it worth the costs... which I'm sure you have room for! If you'd prefer to do it let me know how much you'd want per chicken, like $3 a bird? It'd cost me $193 for the truck... how many mpg you get? I did my math of 180mi back and forth, and 3.30 per gallon and 13 mpg... amounts are worst case senarios...

Quote:
Hehe, I don't live in Knoxville either, I live further the opposite direction and I was counting the fact they probably don't live in the center of Sanford, NC...
wink.png
It was to give me a good idea of how much I'd be spending, I'm sure it'd be less than $100 if I took my car because I was considering only getting 24mpg highway, 24 is how much it gets in city... we can get 28 on highway, but I'd prefer to think worst case...

Quote:
How did you find that?!?!? I promise I have been looking and looking. I even have it on a CL notifier app on my phone. I'm messaging now to see how big it is.

You must be charmed.

Quote:
Thanks! I'm searching as of now for something that could be fixed up to look nicer, like a painted wood dresser (small) that we could re-do, or a large square aquarium, something that won't be hard to seal and make into an incubator, hate to get a cooler because they're kinda small and this will be in my living room which is why I'm looking for something wooden (not that fake stuff!) but it's gonna have to be from someone who's clearing out the basement or something that doesn't want it anymore and is selling cheap!
smile.png
Been looking on CL but may be looking under wrong section, havn't found anything cheap yet...

Used BR sink cabinets work great too. My DH built one and it was so easy and they clean easy!Wooden aquarium cabinets are great too.

Quote:
Thanks! I'm searching as of now for something that could be fixed up to look nicer, like a painted wood dresser (small) that we could re-do, or a large square aquarium, something that won't be hard to seal and make into an incubator, hate to get a cooler because they're kinda small and this will be in my living room which is why I'm looking for something wooden (not that fake stuff!) but it's gonna have to be from someone who's clearing out the basement or something that doesn't want it anymore and is selling cheap!
smile.png
Been looking on CL but may be looking under wrong section, havn't found anything cheap yet...

Used BR sink cabinets work great too. My DH built one and it was so easy and they clean easy!Wooden aquarium cabinets are great too.

I couldn't find any... would be nice since they're larger...
smile.png
only issue I didn't want particle board, real wood preferred... but got the nightstand to play with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom