Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone this is not chicken related so I hope you don't mind.

My cousin (who is like a sister to me) and her husband are going Wednesday for results of his PET scan. He was diagnosed back in the early Summer with stage IV throat cancer. This is his first scan results since finishing chemo & radiation. I was just wanting to ask if you wouldn't mind keeping them in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks
I'm doing it right now.

@Stang....you farm would be considered a "Gentleman's Farm". I would advertise it as such. When I was in real estate anything between 5 and 10 acres was a GF. Also add if there are ponds..is the land rolling...things like that. If you need more ideas just send me a PM.

Sending out prayers.
Well sometime this week will be signing a contract with a realtor who specializes in land sales.. just trying to get it out there! No pond but has natural springs, hubby said that his aunt and uncle wanted to buy a cookie cutter piece from it years ago before we bought it to plug the spring to make a pond.

Hi everyone this is not chicken related so I hope you don't mind.

My cousin (who is like a sister to me) and her husband are going Wednesday for results of his PET scan. He was diagnosed back in the early Summer with stage IV throat cancer. This is his first scan results since finishing chemo & radiation. I was just wanting to ask if you wouldn't mind keeping them in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks
Easy pease! here's looking for great results!

You cease to amaze me with your innovation Rod. Actually the oven is going to be a great idea when you consider the ease of keeping temps consistent.

@TNBEARCHICK..I understand how it feels to see something you have put a lot of time and money into only to see it eaten. I still say the government should be responsible for cutting the amount of coyotes down to a bare minimal. THEY brought them here and released them for rabbit and vermin control. DUMB But who suffers?? Farmers do...they not only take down chickens but also goats and calves. It is also my opinion...if they are harming my animals...I take care of them. Also sorry if that offends anyone. Did you know mini donkeys will keep them away? Many wild animals in the area will not come into fields with horses in them because they do not hesitate to kick the heck out of it...even the young ones. BUT..a pack makes a big difference. I will shoot them all day for $10 a pelt. Would help me practice my skinning skills!
Please do not use a mini donkey this way--you can, and probably will, end up with a dead mini! You need a standard size like Jay-jay or larger. We got our donkey to be a pasture protector--that he's adorable was a plus!! Remember like horses there will be feet trims, worming, what to do with all those donkey apples, training, vaccinations, buckets, water heaters,brushes, hay and oats to buy...etc.

I have 12 chicks that were hatched on Christmas eve and day. Two full black cooper marans, one marans / Andalusian, one marans
blue laced red Wyandotte , and the rest marans/ production red. hatched them to practice incubating. $2.00 each if anyone would be interested.

Tnbarnqueen, I have heard that. Deb's Donkeys are our neighbors. Their farm is on the internet. She breeds mini donkeys. They are so much fun to watch and listen to. She said I would need two because they don't do well alone. And they would keep the coyotes at bay. We have a field that we cleared off last summer. I think Tommy is going to fence it in so we can get two. I could just sit on our porch and watch them play all day. During the summer around 4 pm everyday, you can hear them. She said they are showing off for the females. And I love their little faces.

First things first, How old are they and are they done molting?

Secondly are they used to being outside?

Finally, if the answers to the 1st two was yes, then they should be fine inside a tarp tent,
just make sure that there are no openings other than where they will enter and exit.

I do not believe that they will go through a flap door, but that is my personal opinion.
X2.

First things first, How old are they and are they done molting?

Secondly are they used to being outside?

Finally, if the answers to the 1st two was yes, then they should be fine inside a tarp tent,
just make sure that there are no openings other than where they will enter and exit.

I do not believe that they will go through a flap door, but that is my personal opinion.
8 to 10 months old, not molted, used to being outside, and used to other animals ( a plus with our donkey). thanks tallbott poultry and bairo for the advice!

Last edited:
8 to 10 months old, not molted, used to being outside, and used to other animals ( a plus with our donkey). thanks tallbott poultry and bairo for the advice!
On the flap door issue. If it covers the entire opening I agree it is unlikely to be used.

But I have burlap hanging over the top 80% of each nextbox & the hens once they got brave enough to look in love it.
So if you want to try a flap either have it only part way down, or start w/ them learning where the opening is, then add a partial flap which you can poss. increase in length once you see that all the chickens have figured out how to enter & exit. Just a thought, not sure if it will help...

Thanks everyone for the thoughts/prayers for my cousin and her husband. He got a good report today!
wee.gif
I think he goes back in 6-9 months for another scan and possibly removal of his thyroid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom