Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sometime this week will be signing a contract with a realtor who specializes in land sales.. just trying to get it out there! No pond but has natural springs, hubby said that his aunt and uncle wanted to buy a cookie cutter piece from it years ago before we bought it to plug the spring to make a pond.
See if your realtor will advertise it in FL. That was where I always advertised my listings. 95% of my business came out of FL and tracts like yours are what many are looking for to either build on or hold on to til they retire then come here to live. Would not hurt to maybe put that in the contract. Also...ask that people with pre-approved loans only be brought to look at it. That will save from getting your hopes up when they bring people who can't get a loan especially if they are wanting to put a buying contract on it. Anyone buying should be pre=approved cause you know what you are able to afford before you buy. I was lucky to have been on both ends...mortgages and realtor. When I was doing mortgages about 75% if the people who came to me where no PA and already had signed a contract to buy. Heartbreaking and frustrating to the sellers. Hope this helps. If you have any questions just PM me.

Please do not use a mini donkey this way--you can, and probably will, end up with a dead mini! You need a standard size like Jay-jay or larger. We got our donkey to be a pasture protector--that he's adorable was a plus!! Remember like horses there will be feet trims, worming, what to do with all those donkey apples, training, vaccinations, buckets, water heaters,brushes, hay and oats to buy...etc.
Would it not be easier in a small space to have a mini?

Tnbarnqueen, I have heard that. Deb's Donkeys are our neighbors. Their farm is on the internet. She breeds mini donkeys. They are so much fun to watch and listen to. She said I would need two because they don't do well alone. And they would keep the coyotes at bay. We have a field that we cleared off last summer. I think Tommy is going to fence it in so we can get two. I could just sit on our porch and watch them play all day. During the summer around 4 pm everyday, you can hear them. She said they are showing off for the females. And I love their little faces.
I have a lot of friends who have them for various reasons. I told DH if we go ahead and sell off the rest of the horses I want a pair because I want a few sheep as well. Got to have something to keep 4 acres cleared off. Our land is fenced with cattle panels so it keeps some pest out of the way. But still hoping I will be able to keep my stud...he is my puppy dog.
wink.png

Thanks everyone for the thoughts/prayers for my cousin and her husband. He got a good report today!
wee.gif
I think he goes back in 6-9 months for another scan and possibly removal of his thyroid.
I had thyroid cancer. Doctors told me if I was going to have cancer that was the most curable. I have been cancer free for 11 years this may. They removed part of mine but had to do radiation to kill the other part a few days later. I would have rather they cut me back open and removed it if I had know what I was in for. Hope he does good!! Keep happy thoughts!

Lunar and I are getting to go to the Newnan, GA show!!! Can't wait to see what is there. The silkie association is having one of their main meets there....so going to be a lot of the big timers there like Bobbi Porto. Can't wait til Feb! Would be nice to see some others here get to go.

Last edited:
TNBarnQueen- It was originally stage IV throat cancer which had spread to his lymph nodes & thyroid. I too wish it had been thyroid cancer as the 5 year survival rate is much higher. thanks for the prayers

TNBarnQueen- It was originally stage IV throat cancer which had spread to his lymph nodes & thyroid. I too wish it had been thyroid cancer as the 5 year survival rate is much higher. thanks for the prayers
Oh I hate that. I had a tumor on mine that wrapped around my windpipe and it grew quick. It was benign but the thyroid itself was cancer. It takes a while for them to get your thyroid regulated if they have to remove it. I am sure they have better options now. I was very fortunate. I had a brain tumor that I was not suppose to live through when I was 19...but Grandfather had other things I needed to tend to here. I have been very blessed. Will keep praying for your cousin. Keep us updated.

Just wanting to share a few pics of the Orps.

Daphne's trio of boys. They are terrified of everything right now & my youngest pullet, Bebe, is in the shots of them.

Here are Boris and Bebe they are 2-4 weeks older

Finally the oldest girls: Petti, Crisco and BB (old pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom