Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost forgot to mention....

"we got chickens" you may know this one?

I contacted a french BCM breeder I found on ebay (believe it or not) He is over the sevierville way. I have not seen his place yet but he has some beautiful birds by the pics. He currently has a dozen one month olds that he offered at 10.00 per. I thought it was a pretty good price, especially since I can pick them up and not pay for shipping.

If anyone needs his info, please email me. (and no, we dont have any arrangements, I just liked his birds and price, LOL)

Thanks everyone for the great advice! As always, the BYC people are great!! So what I got from the posts, is its best to get my sea legs at some shows? Then ask lots of questions....and then, check with you all before I buy from someone...right? I will have to go to the Knoxville shows...and that's still two hours for me. If anyone is going to these shows, maybe we can meet there and ill follow you around? I promise...I'm not a stalker! But, I wouldn't know a reputable from a non-reputable. I showed dogs for 15 years, so I really do understand the process of dealing with breeders, which is my preference anyway. So, I'll keep lurking, and keep,in touch. You all are great! Thanks? PS- I raised rare finches, and parrots, and raised a Yellow Naped amazon...had him for 28 years...I still miss him.

After the 9th my incubators are officially shut down til end of Feb. Have 2 eggs to hatch and finally a little rest!!
lau.gif
lau.gif

Where have I heard that before????????????

OH Ya, it was on here in, September, October, November and December.

Only time will tell if those incubators actually does have an "OFF" switch.
lau.gif

Terry, I hope you know I am only kidding, you know how much I love to aggravate you.
frow.gif

Last edited:
Could you guys check out my new thread and possibly add to it? You guys have great birds and projects, so I know you guys would have some great input! Check it out here Don't forget to post lots of pictures of your birds! Thanks

Ok, so first we had possoms... then we had a dog.... now we have a coyote! REALLY
somad.gif
I came home and went to go put everyone up in the barn, only to find my outside free ranger pen had dead chickens and feathers everywhere. My goats wouldn't come inside to their pen and when I opened the door I knew why.. dead chickens. When I went to their pen to see what was wrong and make sure everyone was ok, there was the coyote stuck in the pen running from side to side trying to get out. Of course all I had with me was a mag flashlight (seriously thought about beating him over the head with it as it could be used as a weapon- but came to my senses, well... sort of) I kept my light on him and called hubby who had ran out to return a movie. They coyote found a way out of the fence 2 minutes before Steve got to the barn, go figure. Thanks to the coyote all the chickens are mad because they are all on lockdown.
On the plus side... I have 5 adorable chocolate orpingtons, 16 black australorps, 6 RIR's, 6 Buff Brahma bantams hatched.

Ok, so first we had possoms... then we had a dog.... now we have a coyote! REALLY
somad.gif
I came home and went to go put everyone up in the barn, only to find my outside free ranger pen had dead chickens and feathers everywhere. My goats wouldn't come inside to their pen and when I opened the door I knew why.. dead chickens. When I went to their pen to see what was wrong and make sure everyone was ok, there was the coyote stuck in the pen running from side to side trying to get out. Of course all I had with me was a mag flashlight (seriously thought about beating him over the head with it as it could be used as a weapon- but came to my senses, well... sort of) I kept my light on him and called hubby who had ran out to return a movie. They coyote found a way out of the fence 2 minutes before Steve got to the barn, go figure. Thanks to the coyote all the chickens are mad because they are all on lockdown.
On the plus side... I have 5 adorable chocolate orpingtons, 16 black australorps, 6 RIR's, 6 Buff Brahma bantams hatched.

Congrats on the Yummy Orps.

Sorry to hear about your others.
I suppose that is the reason I carry my .380 with me anytime I am even thinking going out towards the chickens.
I (just like ALL of us) have WAY TOO much money invested to be feeding wild animals fresh meat.

And I DO NOT mean to offend anyone with my personal opinions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom