Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: When I got off work, the water level had started going down, and was down about 4 inches from the morning.

I went ahead and moved them anyway, was afraid of what it might do overnight.

I can tell you I had some mad birds, they did not like me AT ALL.

I tightened up on some other pens and made room to move the endangered ones into.

Now it will be March before I can set anymore Seramas, I had to put off spring with parents.
I could set the eggs but that is just not good breeding practices.

The good news is that I did not loose any but was soaking wet when I got done.

The other good news is that I now have them ALL in the same location
and I can finally pick out 3 pairs of hens to go with my other 3 roos .
(yea Beth, the three pretty roos)

I will have 4 treys or quads, and should make some chicks with awesome coloring.

Welcome to our little part of the BYC world. I live in Jefferson Co, not far from you. You will enjoy our group here. Maybe you will be able to join us at one of our picnics this year...don't be a stanger and feel free to jump in any time.

Thanks, ReyRaine. Sorry you're so far away. I know what you mean about distances, Va isn't exactly small, LOL.
I just noticed your avatar...what breed is your chicken? I am looking for a new breed...something unusual.
wink.png

Welcome luluann

I am learning a lot too, here on the board AND by watching the chickens in my backyard.
big_smile.png
For instance, the 2 step slide to the side, how ya doing girl..... here I come move from CordonBleu the cockeral
clap.gif
to Doosya the pullet that should be giving me an egg soon... Talk about funny! Hilarious actually.......

@ grawg: i haven had problems at all with the redtails, except mine hassleing them when they fly over, but think i lots my best capped breeding male flying flight, either to it or more likely it got lost or stuck out in this weather, but the rest of males came back, though two or one each day after the attack as weather was bleh, but assuming theyre able to find home by way of river next to me. one neighbor said one had flew into her apt, so maybe she kept him as she said she, her friends and fam all loved coming to watch and feeding them when out, but not that she had put him out or had tried to contact me to bring him back..

a friend of mine in jefferson county has started up with alpaca, and had gotten four free mini sicillian donkeys, two females and two males one of which gelded. she had had some slight worries seeing coyote in the pasture area just containing the horses and alpaca and other things partitioned and switched around, by hot wire. she hadnt had to train them at all except have me out to tame town and break to ride, and be harnessed. they were strictly pets by nice old man who could no longer care for or had to move from home, but soon after my friends got they had found one morn a coyote stomped or what not to death. so maybe some do better than others with stock, or was it the size of the alpaca, and horses ect kept with?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom