Easy to peel FRESH LAID hard boiled eggs!

hahahaha, good one.

I had far greater ease of peeling my eggs today. I bought an egg cooker that steams the eggs (I have an inefficient old electric stove which takes an age to heat up) and I used "old" eggs. I'll try some fresh eggs in it to see whether the steaming helped or it was the age of the eggs, or a bit of both.

I def. agree with the prev. posts. I was having the same problem with peeling the eggs so I went online and found a youtube video that showed how to get easy peel eggs no matter how old. It was just ast JetCat stated with adding them to already boiling water and then after (for me) 8 min of cooking right into ice cold water. I leave them in the pot they cooked in, empty out the hot water add cold water then take a big pitcher fill it with ice and dump it in with the eggs and let in sit anywhere from 10-15 min. Haven't had a problem since!! Also I have 4 diff. breeds and it has never made any difference.

I'm revising my cooking time, lol. I like my yolks on the softer less cooked side 8 min is wayyyy to long so it's more 4-5 min. What was I thinking!!!

Cook in boiling water works like wonder, not even needing to saok the eggs in ice water afterwards. I suspect that the egg shell crack a little when gently placed in boiling water, forcing a gap between the rapidly cooked egg and the shell, thus very easy to remove the shell.

the deviled egg pics had me laughing so hard I had tears. Good one!!
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! I've done it all.....water boiling first, water not boiling first, baking soda, vinegar, salt, letting them cool in the cooking water until it (and they) cool down, turning off the heat once they boil and letting them sit for 10 minutes, ice plunge, cold water plunge, no water plunge, peeling under running water, poking tiny holes in the shell, slightly cracking the shell.....and none of them have been 100% successful every time. The only way I've ever had that kind of success was with older eggs, and sometimes even that's hit and miss. So I decided to have a little fun with it!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! I've done it all.....water boiling first, water not boiling first, baking soda, vinegar, salt, letting them cool in the cooking water until it (and they) cool down, turning off the heat once they boil and letting them sit for 10 minutes, ice plunge, cold water plunge, no water plunge, peeling under running water, poking tiny holes in the shell, slightly cracking the shell.....and none of them have been 100% successful every time. The only way I've ever had that kind of success was with older eggs, and sometimes even that's hit and miss. So I decided to have a little fun with it!

it happens to the best of us. Before I found my "new way" of making hard boiled eggs I was in the same boat, lol. It took my hubby 10 minutes to peel an egg and even then it looked like the chicken themselves had peeled it. That's the only way to deal with such things is to laugh and move on. I would have eaten them all no matter how they looked. I love deviled eggs pretty or not!!!

with your lack of success it could be altitude related, what elevation are you at?

We're at almost 4,000 feet, JetCat.

Edited to add: I've totally given up anyway.....they ain't purty but they taste good!
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom