Egg storage? Bins, baskets, plastic cartons?

Brandy2512

Songster
May 19, 2020
Delaware
What do you guys use for storing your eggs? I have a small stockpile of old egg paper egg cartons, but anticipate going through those rather quickly. I would like one of those wooden trays that have a column for each day of the week but they are both pricey & hard to find. Debating on getting plastic reusable cartons, but was curious what everyone else uses. I would like to keep 18-24 eggs for ourselves & give/sell any extras to friends/family.

Ask around for cartons from folks who buy eggs at the store.
Likely you'll get more cartons that you dreamed possible.
I ask my few customers to return cartons(keeping them clean) to reuse them.
You could also buy some cartons at the farm store or online to get you started.
The hard plastic cartons often aren't good fit,
nice to have some 'give' for those extra large eggs.

I keep mine in a basket. If I were to sell/give away i would get some cartons from people or buy some from tractor supply.

Attachments

• IMG_20200727_154445_774.jpg
    IMG_20200727_154445_774.jpg
    798.1 KB · Views: 13
For the ones we keep the plastic cartons. For the ones I sell I reuse store bought cartons given to me. Anybody that buys eggs gets a discount if they bring me a carton. I have one older lady that seen my plastic cartons and liked them so much she went and got her some so I just swap out with her (same cartons).

As for ageing the eggs I just write the date on them with a pencil when I collect them. No way to mix them up that way.

Back
Top Bottom