Emergency

Yes, I hope finding out the reason for her death made you feel better
hugs.gif

Please help I'm not sure what type of bird this is or wildlife I need a lot of help my husband found on the highway at hocks like a penguin has web feet white belly with a black body any long poined beak large wings band
please help

HELP I have a baby chick with a wet breathing! It's wings are droopy and it's very lethargic.

I also have a chick that is breathing with an open mouth, wings droopy, and is lethargic

HELP

Last edited:
Question? I have one chick(1 week old) with a lump on her right chest. It's a soft lump, sort of feels like a fatty lump.

She seems to be acting fine. I have 19 chicks and they are on pine shavings now. Eating well with a light "seasoning" of grit.

Any ideas on this lump? Should I be concerned?

Thanks

Question? I have one chick(1 week old) with a lump on her right chest. It's a soft lump, sort of feels like a fatty lump.

She seems to be acting fine. I have 19 chicks and they are on pine shavings now. Eating well with a light "seasoning" of grit.

Any ideas on this lump? Should I be concerned?

Thanks
The crop is also located on the right side of the chest under the neck, and is where the food is stored before moving on to the gizzard. Could that be what you are feeling?

chicken_anatomy_eng_zoom.gif

Ok...this lump is much bigger. Still squishy but so much bigger that she seems to sit a lot. Read through many threads and did the inverted massage to try to clear her crop. She did expel some gunk. I am kind of worried about her. She's only just about 2 weeks old. She seems to still want to eat.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations or ideas.

Back
Top Bottom