Emergency

My precious girl, Hooksie. Because I was hooked the moment I saw her

It might be some other sort of infection then, or maybe none at all. I just know that a watery, fluid filled crop points to sour crop, but there are definitely a lot of other illnesses that could better fit the symptoms, I just can't think of anything else. I'm sure the vet will have a much better idea than I will of what's wrong. :)

Sneezing with a nasal discharge could be infectious bronchitis (a virus,) MG, or other respiratory infection. IB tends to go through the flock very quickly while MG may be slower to spread. Crops can become slow and balloon-like with many infections in the body, so I would not massage it or try to vomit her. Make sure that she is drinking fluids so that she does not become dehydrated. Offer some scrambled egg, since it may entice her to eat along with her normal feed. Tylan 50 may help to treat MG, or prevent secondary infections in IB or other diseases. Here is a link about the common respiratory diseases: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Necropsy showed that she wasn't made exactly right on the inside. It caused a egg to stay and develop in the wrong spot, and the yolk causes a peritonitis. . Just letting y'all know, because the symptoms were so odd and she passed away 12 hours after her very first symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom