Empordanesa & Penedesenca - Who has them?

I found this on the Cream Legbar site tonight. Thought it might be of use to the Penedesenca breeders.

"Yes...that is correct the Cream Legbar falls under the jurisdiction of the Rare Poultry Society."

" I saw last year that the Auto-sexing Poultry Society was going to be re-established and they started a one year madatory probation period in November of 2014. Once they complete their one year and get approval from the PCGB they will petition that the Brockbar, Brussbar, Cambar, Dorbar, Cream Legbar, Legbar, Rhodebar, Welbar,and Wyba breeds be move to their jurisdiction."

"Bob Driver is the President of the APA (Auto-sexing Poultry Accociation). I don't have contact information for him or the ABA, but am guessing that Mr. Stuart Clark would have contact information if you have any interest in contacting Bob."

I can research this further if it will be of any help to us.

Are Wheaten Penedesencas extinct in the U. S. now? I have searched high and low without success. I no of at least one other person who has been searching as well. It really saddens me that they could have just disappeared. Does anyone out there know of any Wheatens at all?

Are Wheaten Penedesencas extinct in the U. S. now? I have searched high and low without success. I no of at least one other person who has been searching as well. It really saddens me that they could have just disappeared. Does anyone out there know of any Wheatens at all?

@Hangtown Farms PM this person - might be able to direct you - very knowledgeable about Penes/Emps.

I was under the impression that there were more people with wheatens than blacks.

There are VERY few breeders of any of the varieties.

as who has contacted me Wheaten are the rarest though not extinct. @LuannKeller has some last I heard though I am not sure how many.
that is really it. I know there is more around but no one wanting to be added to breeders lists or on the Facebook page saying they have them. I have seen photos of some at a few county fairs and things but no one contacting me .
Gabbard Farms and Our Fly Babies used to sell hatching eggs but both sites are down.
Jerry Poole in Illinois was not interested in the website or being on the breeder list but he was selling hatching eggs last year on Ebay. in the fall they said they may not sell them this year.
Though like Guy said all are rare here and need help.
what used to be the easiest to obtain Partridge and Wheaten now to me seem to be the hardest to find quality birds of.

Does anyone know a good breeder for Empordanesas?
where are you located. there so hard to come by these days
You all probably are aware that MyPetChicken.com had Empordanesa hatching eggs but show "out of stock" at the moment. They might be a good contact to find out if they will be offering them again?

You all probably are aware that MyPetChicken.com had Empordanesa hatching eggs but show "out of stock" at the moment. They might be a good contact to find out if they will be offering them again?

that was because Gabbard Farms had them but they stopped raising them and I'm not sure if they are around there on one of the threads though we can ask

I have a Partridge Penedesenca, she is almost 2 months. She is one of my most beautiful and friendliest chickens, she flies onto my shoulder and just wants to sit there. I am really impressed so far and very excited to get some eggs!
big_smile.png
Is there a specific Penedesenca thread or is this the only one? Is this not a very popular bird? I will try and get some photo's of her, this was her as a chick, just a few days old, she has changed sooo much now!

102296_img_2390.jpg
Love the pic!! I would LOVE one of these in my flock.
( And I also did photo shoots for all my chicks... did one each week just so I could look back on how much they DO change. So fun!!)

Back
Top Bottom