experiment with bedding

Good luck to you. I hope you like it.
big_smile.png

I can't seem to find any stores that carry this product near me. Has anyone tried the Triple Crown Low Starch Forage

http://www.triplecrownfeed.com/forages/safe-starch-forage-equine-supplements-equinesupplements

would this be similar or am I totally off?
(I don't have any chicks yet, not until April; I'm just trying to figure out what's best for the coop)

thanks!
It looks like it could work. It doesn't say if the dust is removed, but it does have the oil in it and no molasses. Buy a bag and see what it looks like.

This has officially become my plan! According to the site, there is someone about 35 miles away who carries the brand. I'll place some phone calls tomorrow and see what I can find!

I bought the Lucerne chopped hay, it was thought to be nice and tasty and served it's purpose for temporary bedding.

Then I bought the Lucerne gold with soybean oil - wow this stuff is nice, definitely a refreshing change = no dust!
thumbsup.gif
so far I like it.

My DH was talked into Green Meadows Equal Balance Forage instead of wood chips when he went to the feed store. Has anyone tried this stuff for litter? Supposedly, there is no dust. We just cleaned our hen house for the winter yesterday and need to decide if we are going to add more of the new stuff ($19/bag) or the wood chips ($4/bag).

http://greenmeadowsforage.com/images/2013/equine/EqualBalanceCardRack2.pdf

They probably don't sell this product out here in California, but there may be something similar. My big question is, what happens if this gets rained on,, especially if you used it in a run also? The floor of my run is dirt/sand, must be mostly sand as water just drains right thru, but would like something like this for smell, neatness control. Just wondering if this would become a slimy mess like hay if it gets continually rained on....that is....if we are lucky enough to GET rain this year.

I hope to always use Lucerne chopped hay in our hen house.

We put a new bale in over the weekend and took out the old -
then we spread the "old" chopped hay over our garden to sit for the winter.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom