Faverolles Thread

I don't usually prefer white birds...I love the blues, salmons, colors....but I think I want to try for some pure white favs. They are one of my favorite breeds, I have had them for years as pets and I am excited to finally have some birds to work on. It has been years and thanks to the kind generosity of another poultry enthusiast who sold me his pairs and trios when he didn't end up with enough faverolles in any one year to work on his own projects, I have been able to acquire a few different birds. Since I let go of some of our other breeds, I may work on the mahoganies too. Favs have the beards, feathered feet and personalities that I love!

There are very few breeders of them in the US. Pam Mynard has the largest flock I know of but I do not know if she will have anything for sale. Liz Martin has primarily blacks but has hatched blues. Not sure what or if she will have anything available either.

Hi Keesmom, I have one Blue boy Pam says is half Her's, Half Dick breeding, 3 black boys and 9 girls, some Dicks and some Jeanine Project.

Best to ask about March…Have a breeder trio pen with Blueboy, and hoping for one to go broodie rather than bator….laying some.

Though in a safe barn pen don't wish to send anything out till the AI outbreak is gone. Not in my county but is in my state.

am *not* NPIP at this time nor do i vaccinate.

Was kinda funny getting BBS from pure black looking birds…..After reading the last few pages maybe i will keep the white Fav. for now…….

Did recently get a Blue and a Blue Salmon bantam cockerels from Karen Carpenter in Burlington, Wa.

Back
Top Bottom