Faverolles Thread

Just a note if anyone is looking to purchase faverolles from Lancaster Fancy Fowl be aware that all their photographs are taken from my website and are not representative of the birds you may purchase from Lancaster Fancy Fowl. Their holier than thou policy does not extend to seeking permission to use the intellectual property of others!

http://www.lancasterfancyfowl.com/index.php/rare/salmon-faverolle-chickens
Same thing with my Serama! They stole photos from my website and passing off as their own. How do we stop this guy?

How recent was your sighting…???..Ask him to remove Your photos and if he gives that holier than thou attitude about his right to do so…..Let us all know and we can let every thread here on BYC know that he has breeds posted to take a look and see if they recognize any as their own as well as breed groups here and abroad. We can write to poultry organizations in his state and county as well as craigs list and do anything that will allow him to know that we are honest people who expect it from others and will not tolerate his lack of respect.

Anything we write will have to be honest and pictures will need to be backed up with proof.

Many here came together regarding Faverolles pictures he had taken from a woman in the UK,( Foxy, Beanwood) he finally removed them. That was last January…...

Last edited:
What is the best age/weight to harvest a faverolle cockerel for meat?

I wish I could keep my handsome guy, but he's illegal :/

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Just popping in to say hello and introduce myself.
I currently have two Faverolles pullets; one black and one splash (I think?). The black I hatched myself from fertile eggs and the other I bought a few weeks ago.

Welcome
frow.gif

So I have an egg question, I think my 2 young fav pullets have started laying, one is 21 weeks and the other 22-23 weeks old both eggs I found today were off the roosts and neither had any shell form just the membrane, last saturday someone laid what appeared to be just a broken yolk on the patio and a few days before that I had an egg laid that had a paper thin shell also laid off the roost. I give them free access to oyster shell and they are all on the 16% layer feed. I didn't have any weak shelled issues with my other pullets that are over 7 months old. and not sure what to do to help the newer girls develop healthy egg shells?

So I have an egg question, I think my 2 young fav pullets have started laying, one is 21 weeks and the other 22-23 weeks old both eggs I found today were off the roosts and neither had any shell form just the membrane, last saturday someone laid what appeared to be just a broken yolk on the patio and a few days before that I had an egg laid that had a paper thin shell also laid off the roost. I give them free access to oyster shell and they are all on the 16% layer feed. I didn't have any weak shelled issues with my other pullets that are over 7 months old. and not sure what to do to help the newer girls develop healthy egg shells?

Maybe they don't know about the oyster shell. Check the layer feed for the amount of calcium. Also try giving them broken up eggshells, they eat them like food pellets.

Has anyone ordered salmon faverolles from estes hatchery? I have placed a order for 16 pullets and 10 straight run and I am trying to figure out what to expect. I know I can't really expect much since it is hatchery stock.. but I can always be hopeful. Hopefully with the 26 chicks I can have a few to start out with. I am really wanting them for eggs and meat. But I have heard most hatchery SF aren't very good for either. How true is this?

Back
Top Bottom