Faverolles Thread

Well, I am going to be in the market for lf salmon fav eggs... need to revuilt my stock. Was hoping to get with piperomar, I have bought from her the last two years... but could use some other bloodlines too.

Well, I am going to be in the market for lf salmon fav eggs... need to revuilt my stock. Was hoping to get with piperomar, I have bought from her the last two years... but could use some other bloodlines too.
Looks like November was the last time she may have posted…..I would send a PM and cross Your fingers….don't know how the weather is in Bend other than Mt. Bachelor skiing is great. Bends around 4500 feet.

Hi Keesmom, I have one Blue boy Pam says is half Her's, Half Dick breeding, 3 black boys and 9 girls, some Dicks and some Jeanine Project.

Best to ask about March…Have a breeder trio pen with Blueboy, and hoping for one to go broodie rather than bator….laying some.

Though in a safe barn pen don't wish to send anything out till the AI outbreak is gone. Not in my county but is in my state.

am *not* NPIP at this time nor do i vaccinate.

Was kinda funny getting BBS from pure black looking birds…..After reading the last few pages maybe i will keep the white Fav. for now…….

Did recently get a Blue and a Blue Salmon bantam cockerels from Karen Carpenter in Burlington, Wa.
Excellent, I didn't know you managed to get a blue male.

Is the white a pure clean white? Most of the ones I have seen turn yellowish, or the pullets have some salmon leakage. I got some clean whites out of a bantam black pair, but some of the cockerels didn't have full beards and the pullets had blue legs (both could be bred out with time). But the white was definitely bright and clean.
900x900px-LL-66c78bbe_13729_091011_32.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like November was the last time she may have posted…..I would send a PM and cross Your fingers….don't know how the weather is in Bend other than Mt. Bachelor skiing is great. Bends around 4500 feet.

Thank you... I sent one earlier in the week... then saw the profile time stamp... :( just hoping to get some eggs!

Hi Keesmom, I have one Blue boy Pam says is half Her's, Half Dick breeding, 3 black boys and 9 girls, some Dicks and some Jeanine Project.

Best to ask about March…Have a breeder trio pen with Blueboy, and hoping for one to go broodie rather than bator….laying some.

Though in a safe barn pen don't wish to send anything out till the AI outbreak is gone. Not in my county but is in my state.

am *not* NPIP at this time nor do i vaccinate.

Was kinda funny getting BBS from pure black looking birds…..After reading the last few pages maybe i will keep the white Fav. for now…….

Did recently get a Blue and a Blue Salmon bantam cockerels from Karen Carpenter in Burlington, Wa.

Hi Liz, I would love to get some eggs from you when you are ready to let some go. I had sent you a PM at the end of the summer. I am just a hatch addict that loves pretty birds and is willing risk a little and incubate to get what I am looking for. I don't vaccinate either and have not yet run into any problems with receiving eggs. I'll send out another PM as March approaches to check in again with you.
Thanks, Julie :)

Am Thankful to both Pam and Jeanine for Blueboy,,,,,He came to me thru Jeanine when i received her black project. The one decent white girl i think may have some yellowing….Yours is pretty. I have some beardlessness going on too…...

Hello, new to BYC, I'm puzzled as I think I have a blue faverolles cross chick, but I thought my faverolles hen was Salmon feathered?

Could any one please tell me if my hen is a Salmon Fav, or a Blue Salmon Fav?

Thanks

The chick that makes me wonder if my hen is blue.

Hello, new to BYC, I'm puzzled as I think I have a blue faverolles cross chick, but I thought my faverolles hen was Salmon feathered?

Could any one please tell me if my hen is a Salmon Fav, or a Blue Salmon Fav?

Thanks

The chick that makes me wonder if my hen is blue.

The hen is salmon. Why do you think the chick is blue?

The hen is salmon. Why do you think the chick is blue? 

Hi :) I just got really confused by a chicken colour calculator I played with. It said that my faverolles x my GLWyandotte would create a black based chick. I thought that these yellow ones would be white hens, but that was impossible with my hens. So I thought well maybe they're blue based as that could be possible with the chicks 5 toes and my faverolles.

Oh I lost a chick last night :( she had been so weak I had her up at the house and was mummying her, giving her egg milk and kefir yoghurt. I put her with the broody coz she was lonely. She was under broody at 9pm, 11pm and 1am. I checked and no peeping, still under broody with the other chicks...
I feel so bad for leaving her down there, poor dot, has been weak ever since hatching, I loved her so much, like my own baby! She was a Silkie X GLW... RIP little Micken, I hope you were happy being with your Mum and sisters x sorry x
Micken at 3 days, she lived for 6 days :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom