Faverolles Thread

You don't have to wait 6 weeks. In the next week or so chest, leg and shoulder feathers will sprout and you can be sure of sex. Not all Faverolles are pushovers. We have had a few hens over the years that have earned the name Atilla.

Last edited:
You don't have to wait 6 weeks. In the next week or so chest, leg and shoulder feathers will sprout and you can be sure of sex. Not all Faverolles are pushovers. We have had a few hens over the years that have earned the name Atilla.

And I have an Atilla, she is mean at times! She scared my rooster into submission haha

My favorite rooster, Marquis! I've never had a friendlier or prettier rooster! I hatched him last year along with a pullet, but she died of coccidiosis. I think he needs more SF girls!
1f60a.png
Just wanted to share him

My favorite rooster, Marquis! I've never had a friendlier or prettier rooster! I hatched him last year along with a pullet, but she died of coccidiosis. I think he needs more SF girls!
1f60a.png
Just wanted to share him

I enjoyed my Fav boys as well. The top one was Walter. He was a cross beak so we never hatched from him but he was a wonderful pet. Below was Fabio who went to a new home. I love the demeanor of this breed.

Anyone have any idea what sex this little salmon faverolle chick is? It''ll be three weeks as of tomorrow, so still too early to know for sure. I was told to wait until the chest feathers come in, but it's still fun to see what people think. Unfortunately I only have one and I've never raised a faverolle before, so I have nothing to compare it to.

This was last week. I was super worried because of all that black.But the secondaries (?) seem pretty pale.

See, now you can't even see the black primaries unless you stretch out the wing. The apparent black, I'm pretty sure, is actually the shafts growing in.

(the one in the middle of the three in the back.)

Any ideas? I read that any black means rooster, but then someone else said that their hens have black primaries all the time. Guess I'll have to wait and see!

Last edited:
@easter chicks, This is one of my three week old Salmon Faverolles. I'd guess you may have a boy because he's so late to feather out. My girls looked like your picture in their first week!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom