Fear of rakes

DaveK88

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Killingly Ct.
Ok I can start my tractor (which is about 15 feet away from the run) and they all come running over to see whats up. I can weedwack all around their run and the follow me around the whole time. But if I bring a rake into the run they FREAK OUT! You might think I let a coyote loose in the run. I guess we all have our fears. LOL.

Mine are wary of rakes as well...you know why? I have a long-handled net that has caught them before. They see long handle, it must mean net.
wink.png

I believe it!

Once when there were hawks circling my girls run, I grabbed up a yard rake and swung it at the hawks and they scattered! I think it looks like a giant wing or something.

My chickens aren't scared of much, but the one thing they mortally fear are bales of pine straw.
roll.png

I thought they were going to kill themselves trying to get away from the big scary bales that I was tearing apart and scattering, lol.

Mine love the rake especially if I am raking the yard cause they know some tasty treats will be raked up. I have one that will actually try to get under the rake so she can get the first treat. But then she is in the way all the time no matter what we are doing.

I love that my girls are petrified of the rake! Its how I get them into their coop when I need to. I just wave it around and into the run they go...its amazing! And funny...im sure my neighbors think im crazy, waving that rake around!!

Back
Top Bottom