Feed recommendations! Thanks!

The companies really do put more effort into livestock feed than human feed.

To quote Scratch & Peck's motto: You are what your animals eat. So in a roundabout way, you're also putting in effort into "human feed" by choosing what your livestock eat.

Also I for one am not ever going to be interested in "Purina Pellets for Humans." ;)

It boils down to feed management, the cost and how long you can maintain it, while giving your birds the best or close to the best feed. Understanding the chickens nutrient intake to stay healthy and thriving, helps in the long run.

Sorry, not sure. I think it depends on the store.
Ok! But do you have any estimate? Over 50 dollars? Or under 40 dollars? Thanks again for all your help!

But let’s say we take the layer pellets out. Which brands would you recommend? Again, a few preferences are:
Organic
Pellets (big preference here)
Local. (It’s ok if not)
18+percent protein.
We feed Small Pet Select Grower Pellets to our flock of hens and one roo. Small Pet Select is also located in Washington State.

Yes it is, I thought about using it but too pricey for a small amount.
I tried this and it didn't work out. So much was left in crumbles/dust, and I'm not sure they all got the same nutritional value. If you'll take the time to ferment the leftover dust/crumbles then maybe it will be worth it-- otherwise, I hated it.

Back
Top Bottom