Female ducks wanted

annette'spets

Songster
10 Years
Jun 6, 2009
vero beach, Fl.
Does anyone have a couple female domestic ducks they want to re home? My drake keeps mating the chicken hens and can hurt them. He only has one female and am told he needs more females. Have a free range farm and protection at night in the barn. If interested I live in Vero.

Does anyone have a couple female domestic ducks they want to re home? My drake keeps mating the chicken hens and can hurt them. He only has one female and am told he needs more females. Have a free range farm and protection at night in the barn. If interested I live in Vero.
Why are you letting your drake mate your hens it will kill them eventually, ducks and chickens anatomy is entirely different and do not mate the same way. keep him and his duck separated till you can find more females but he may never be able to be with the chickens if he is already set in this pattern.

Scroll down and look for the re homing thread and the Buy Sell Trade thread.

I would have to keep the drake locked up in a stall all day.Most of the time he has been with his mate and usually goes off on their own-they have two acres to graze, except when he suddenly decides to go to where the chickens are pecking which isn't every day . I will check the mentioned threads otherwise will find a new home with only ducks.

I would have to keep the drake locked up in a stall all day.Most of the time he has been with his mate and usually goes off on their own-they have two acres to graze, except when he suddenly decides to go to where the chickens are pecking which isn't every day . I will check the mentioned threads otherwise will find a new home with only ducks.
I hope you can find some females ducks also check craigs list.

Back
Top Bottom