FERTILITY

Before we know it, they'll be filming Gerald-o (or should that be Gerald-p?) episodes at your place, with battling, feather-plucking green-rooster-mad peahens, struttin' bad boys, spurring action and dramatic DNA reveals.

And here I thought pea-TV with momma and wee peachicks was mesmerizing...

I mean, there's reality pea-TV, and then there's REALITY pea-TV.
lau.gif

Them Kardashian green peas must live at YOUR house...
Hmm...if you want Reality, instead of CSI, how about FFI...Fecal Float Investigation?
pop.gif

Somewhat related - what's the youngest aged peacock that you have heard of, being able to fertilize eggs?

Somewhat related - what's the youngest aged peacock that you have heard of, being able to fertilize eggs?

I heard a yearling got the job done, but I didn't see it myself so..... I suppose it's just "hearsay" and wouldn't hold up in a courtroom!

Maybe an 18 month old. Some of Zaz's males get a train at a young age. Maybe she could be more help. Mine are two years old by the time I get peafowl eggs.

I have two 3-yr old hens, which have began laying. In the same pen i have 4 males that are 1 year old. I haven't witnessed any breeding and i can tell the hens are dominant at the food dish. Most say the males are too young. Might be right. I will set the eggs and find out.

I have never had a 1yr old rooster succesfully mate. Ive seen them try but, no dice. The earliest I have heard of or personally witnessed was 2yrs old and that was a surprise. At 3 yrs old you should be getting fertile eggs no excuses.

Gerald Barker

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom