Finally ordered water nipples

If I put a horizontal nipple on a gallon-sized water jug for use in the brooder, would I be able to reuse it in a larger container when I move them to the coop? They just arrived today & I really want to use them, but ultimately i want them to have a gallon container in the coop.

If I put a horizontal nipple on a gallon-sized water jug for use in the brooder, would I be able to reuse it in a larger container when I move them to the coop? They just arrived today & I really want to use them, but ultimately i want them to have a gallon container in the coop.

If you mean "can I remove the nipples from the gallon jug and use them in a larger container", the answer is yes. Or "most likely". By that I mean that most likely the threads on your horizontal nipples should be just fine, provided you didn't screw them into the gallon jug super tight. And even if you did, then just drill a slightly smaller hole that you drilled for the gallon jug. Hand tighten them until snug, but don't over-tighten them. I've done this a few times and it has worked just great.

Yes, that what what i meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Thanks for your response. I'll try it tomorrow. I'm so excited to try it! This water situation is for the birds! ;)

After a year struggling and cleaning the dumb bell waterer, we did the cup waters and it has been FANTASTIC. So much easier.

Ugh, the bit smaller than the 3/8 was too small. The 3/8 hole leaks (this is on the vertical nipples.) Will Teflon tape work to stop the leak?

Just installed this system and it works like a charm !!

Back
Top Bottom