Finally ordered water nipples

kristaschics15

Songster
Apr 3, 2015
Claxton, Ga
Every day these chicks knock their water over! So I've finally bit the bullet and ordered some nipples. Going to steal someone's idea of using coke or water bottles until I move them in the coop.

I just did the same and it works great. My girls learned to use it literally within 5 seconds of me putting it in there.

Just be sure to poke a tiny hole in the top of the coke bottle. Without the hole, you may get a vacuum-lock, in which they will peck at the nipple and no water will come out.

Just be sure to poke a tiny hole in the top of the coke bottle. Without the hole, you may get a vacuum-lock, in which they will peck at the nipple and no water will come out.

Yup
1f44d-1f3fb.png

I just ordered some, too. I'm so anxious to get them and start using them- the dirty/spilled water issue is never ending! I'm hoping my girls will learn quickly as yours did. Mine are almost 6 weeks old, so I'm hoping their not "too old to learn new tricks". Time will tell, I suppose....

I just ordered some, too. I'm so anxious to get them and start using them- the dirty/spilled water issue is never ending! I'm hoping my girls will learn quickly as yours did. Mine are almost 6 weeks old, so I'm hoping their not "too old to learn new tricks". Time will tell, I suppose....

Mine are just 4 weeks old so I am hoping the same thing!

So, I'm loving these chicken nipples (there's a statement I never thought I'd say lol)! I just installed 3 nipples to a gallon size pitcher and put it in with the girls. They were so curious that within 5 minutes they had it figured out. And, the water's still clean!!!!

So, I'm loving these chicken nipples (there's a statement I never thought I'd say lol)! I just installed 3 nipples to a gallon size pitcher and put it in with the girls. They were so curious that within 5 minutes they had it figured out. And, the water's still clean!!!!
Yay!! I'm so ready to get mine! Can you post a picture?

Back
Top Bottom