First clutch, Quail eggs, Inc day 5?

He broke the membrane but I can see quite abit of blood I tipped the egg with tissue under the pip hole and quite abit come out so I think hes popped a blood vessel he isn't making any noise but is still moving and his beak come out every now again just waiting for now hun, his beak doesn't have any blood on it tho so fingers crossed he will zip soon

He broke the membrane but I can see quite abit of blood I tipped the egg with tissue under the pip hole and quite abit come out so I think hes popped a blood vessel he isn't making any noise but is still moving and his beak come out every now again just waiting for now hun, his beak doesn't have any blood on it tho so fingers crossed he will zip soon

Any more pips! Praying for the little guy

Nope had no more pips so I opened them up unfortunately they were all shrink wrapped n were already dead, the little guy didn't make it either he passed away last night, I got him out the egg and he still had his yolk I'm devastated :( won't be trying again it's too much heartbreak poor babies

Nope had no more pips so I opened them up unfortunately they were all shrink wrapped n were already dead, the little guy didn't make it either he passed away last night, I got him out the egg and he still had his yolk I'm devastated
sad.png
won't be trying again it's too much heartbreak poor babies

I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

But you should try again! My theory on shrink wrapping is that it happens after they die, not necessarily what causes them to die. I'm sure it can happen, but they probably died for some other reason. Don't fault yourself... we learn from our mistakes and do better next time!

Nope had no more pips so I opened them up unfortunately they were all shrink wrapped n were already dead, the little guy didn't make it either he passed away last night, I got him out the egg and he still had his yolk I'm devastated :( won't be trying again it's too much heartbreak poor babies

Never give up! They always say never count your chickens before they hatch. Some hatches make it and some don't. How was your humidity during the last few days? It seems like it was a little too low. Practice makes perfect

Back
Top Bottom