First Duck Hatch - Please help me 'sit on my hands'

Good morning! :)

Egg 4 hatched last night at 11pm - so 8 hrs ago.

Egg 3 made no progress overnight and still in exact same position he's always been in, beak hanging out in the same place. Still moving and making noise. I wet the membrane last night before going to bed and chipped off a little shell to see if it would do anything. Nothing 8 hours later. Ive chipped more shell off this morning but nothing yet - still in the same position.

Egg 5 has made no progress since the first post on this thread. Wet the membrane last night. No change this morning and in the same position - so have taken off a bit of shell and wet membrane again.

Duckling 1 & 2 are in the brooder, cute and fluffy.

Last edited:
I've removed Duckling 3, as it was getting really rough in there. It's so much happier with it's siblings now. While the bator was opened I looked more closely at Egg 3. Moving the membrane around a bit, there is still some blood in the veins I think - after ALL this time! Sheesh. So I'll keep an eye on that.

Egg 5 has some 'fluid' in the egg and still blood in veins too. I expected this egg to not be ready though, as it was the last to pip.

Last edited:
3 out! Excellent!
Sounds like you are doing fine. If there are still active veins, I wouldn't risk going in yet. Just make sure the membrane stays moist. Hang in there Momma!

Just went to wet the membranes again and discovered Egg 3's veins were no longer visible. :) She was also trying hard to get her little wing out - I helped her to get her wing out, wet down the membranes and she was able to wriggle enough to almost get her head out. She's resting now but she's almost out! :) She was definitely in a weird, twisted angle in there.

Egg 5 still has visible veins - so I've left her alone.

She's out!
wink.png
celebrate.gif

Although she's probably thinking she wished she stayed inside, with all the screaming and carrying-on that's happening here with our Mr 12 months old today! Jeeepers!
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom