First EE egg

gator75

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2012
So, I got an EE for 2.99 at the feed store and she's laying at 22 weeks. First egg today! I also procured a beautiful Blue Ameraucana pullet to make sure I got pretty blue eggs. She's older and has been laying for a few weeks. Guess who's egg is whos.... Thank god for cheap EE's. What great birds. I will say, that Ameraucana is an outstanding bird and egg machine. Wouldn't trade her for any other.

Attachments

• IMG_5867.JPG
    IMG_5867.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 11
On a side note, my BR laid her first egg last week. Perfectly cute little brown egg. The second and third have been soft shelled. I'm going to switch them all over to layer after I finish with the bag of starter. I offer oyster shell. The others have tough shells. Too early to worry I suppose?

I’ve never had my birds on layer feed.
I have many different ages and both sexes.
They eat 20% starter or flock raiser and I offer oyster shell free choice.
Since your other birds eggs are fine I’d say it’s her.
Give her some time and hopefully they’ll improve.

So, I got an EE for 2.99 at the feed store and she's laying at 22 weeks. First egg today! I also procured a beautiful Blue Ameraucana pullet to make sure I got pretty blue eggs. She's older and has been laying for a few weeks. Guess who's egg is whos.... Thank god for cheap EE's. What great birds. I will say, that Ameraucana is an outstanding bird and egg machine. Wouldn't trade her for any other.
Where did you get the Ameraucana?

It's not tan. It's green blue. Lighting for the photo was too yellow.

Pretty. Pretty, Pretty!!!

Back
Top Bottom