First Egg Countdown

Nope. The smaller bator keeps my addiction in check.
big_smile.png
Plus my DH would kill me if I ask for more coops.

Haha, my H would just faint dead away from the visions of overwhelming hoards of chickens...

My first Cream Legbar egg came in three day's ago. I also have 17 Black Australorp pullets starting to lay as well. I just filled the bator yesterday with 42 Rouen and some call duck eggs. I am hoping spring comes early so I can have room for these cuties. Nest month I will be setting my bator with chicken eggs too. I plan on getting some runner ducklings by the end of this month, it would be fun to watch them compared to the Rouens.

My Welsummer laid her first egg today! Yea...one more color for my basket. Now, I will be waiting for my blue and green layers to grow up!

The pullet size one in the middle!

We got our 1st 2 eggs in the last 3 days. 3/12 - Annabelle - 1st egg @ about 23.5 weeks. 3/14 - Tori - 1st egg @ just over 23.5 weeks. It got stepped on by one of the hens. :-(
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Yay welcome new members, and congrats to those of you that have gotten the first egg! Pullet eggs are so tiny and perfect!

Two eggs in two days! Today's was the first one from our BR Margaret who is in chicken jail for being mean to the other hens. It's a pretty light brown color and good size. This is her second spring so they should be bigger this year.

Our first 2 egg day! First Naughty Margaret gave up a lovely light tan egg, then Tori gave up the pretty blue one! She is the first to use the nesting box to lay. Way to go Tori!!

Back
Top Bottom